Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 23 month old ds seems to nurse ALL the time but my breasts feel empty to me. by empty i mean i used to be able to feel a difference in their weight and see a difference in size that i no longer notice. is this normal by this stage in the game...or is he possibly weaning?

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
Totally normal.

There could be any number of reasons. You could be producing less. DS could just be keeping them "empty." Many mother's do not feel let down after a certain amount of time and I no longer feel "full" like I used to (though if I miss a "regular" nursing time I will notice it after a while).

I pretty sure, though, that "nursing all the time" is not one of the normal weaning signs

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
this happens to me too sometimes--lots of nursing, but i don't feel like there's any milk. i can guarantee you, though, my ds (25 mo) is not weaning at all. :LOL i doubt your dc is either.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I do believe it was around this age that I didn't feel much of anything anymore... only if DS would skip a day or something (RARE back then) would I fill up at all. In fact, as I got into year 3 and then 4, my boobs started disappearing altogether, but DS insisted they were plenty full of the good stuff.
Totally normal.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by starlein26
oh great...i only have smaller and smaller boobs to look forward to
same for me, but with JOY. LOL :LOL
: My 23 mo dd is also nursing ALL the time.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Oh, I should have added... when DS stopped nursing, my boobs suddenly reappeared. Its been a couple of months since he weaned and I'm still looking down saying, "hey, missed you guys!"

Em

1 - 10 of 10 Posts