Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would think you'd like to have two more covers and one or two more snappis. You will need wipes, a pail, a liner, a wetbag for your diaper bag. I can't think of anything else but I may be missing something. It will last until your child outgrows either the prefolds or the covers.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks a bunch. I'm still a bit baffled by all that goes into CD, but I know once I get the hang of it it will be totally worth it.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
If you click on my name in my sig and go to Cloth Diapering link...

it has my thoughts on CDing, but the real reason I'm sending you is for the first link on that page - that is the best resource for "learning" to CD

i think the package sounds good, like the pp said, i'd get a few more covers (small, not newborn unless you think you'll have a tiny babe - my son was 9# even and out of the bummis nb cover almost immediately) and rather than another snappi, get a set of pins and then once you decide what you like, you can always get more of that.

you may want to try different covers too: like a bumkins, a prorap (IME what most people like when cding a newborn) or perhaps a wool or fleece cover for some variety and to get a feel for what you like/what works with your babe.

that should take you through at least 4 months I'd think...

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I also would recommend some more Snappi's. Mine get lost all of the time. You also may want to try a wool cover. I loved using trifloded prefolds in wool wrap covers (I used a Stacinator) on my newborn,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts