Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it REALLY necessary for me to be this [email protected] big?
I am 29wks but I'm measuring 6wks ahead (not the baby just my uterus) and it is already become quite difficult for me to get around, clean, heck, even walk. March cannot get here soon enough.

Oh, and can people please, for the love of all that is righteous and holy, STOP commenting on how big I am? W.T.F??? I KNOW I'm bigger than a cow right now people. It's my body. No need to continously point it out!!!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I hear you. I am super low to so I am getting the comments like "wow, is he going to just fall out of you!?" or better yet "Oh he is all below your waist!" lIke i don't KNOW that. And yea, I do have to pee every 5 mins, thanks for asking.

I get winded sitting on the couch. I thinnk he is laying on the vena cava or something. i have to constantly lean forward so I can breath.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsboyko View Post
I hear you. I am super low to so I am getting the comments like "wow, is he going to just fall out of you!?" or better yet "Oh he is all below your waist!" lIke i don't KNOW that. And yea, I do have to pee every 5 mins, thanks for asking.

I get winded sitting on the couch. I thinnk he is laying on the vena cava or something. i have to constantly lean forward so I can breath.
Me too! I swear quite a few times a day I can be doing NOTHING and I feel short of breath. I've never experienced this w/ my previous two pgs. I hate the feeling.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i'm there too. my co-workers (who all have kids!!) feel the need to comment multiple times per day that i won't be able to work until the end of january because the baby is going to be here any day. for goodness sakes, i'm only 29 weeks!!! my patient's dad insists every day that i'm not going to be there the next day since i'll have had my baby.
:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsboyko View Post

yeah freekin that to all of that! That is ME, too. I swear.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
People at work make the rudest comments, and I don't think they are trying to be rude, but it really irritates me nonetheless.

Why does anyone in this day and age think it's appropriate to make comments on the appearance and condition of a woman's body? Pregnant or not that is just rude.

Plus, it appears to be open season on asking all sorts of personal questions and medical information. I would never ask another coworker about his or her plans for birth control, or about visits to their doctor.

The weather has been really bad here, and a coworker has been giving me a ride to work because the buses have been running infrequently, if at all. Someone saw us on our way home a couple days ago and thought that she was taking me to the hospital to have the baby! Talk about ridiculous.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The huge comments bother me as well. Um, I know. And when I acknowledge my understanding of my current immensity, all I hear is "Haha, just wait!"

My stepdad called me a sow when I walked out of my room this morning. I won't lie - I wished him dead for a moment.

Strangely enough, the only person I don't get angry at for commenting on my hugeness is my stbx...for whatever reason he can get away with it
:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I guess I don't mind if certain people comment- my DH always says how very nice and round I look- but when it comes from him (or my mom) it is a complement- not a comment on my (supposed) freakishness.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm always very big when I'm pg (except with #2) so I always hear these comments. If it's someone who probably has little idea (or doesn't remember) how big is "normal" for this stage of pg, then I don't care. But people who know better.... that's a different story. It's so rude. I agree with what someone said that *any* comment like that about a woman's body is just plain rude, pg or not. But for whatever reason, people's brains just shut off when they are talking to a pg woman. I feel that way about touching the belly too. I can't stand it when people I am not very close to think they have the right to touch my belly.
:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Some people! You really have to learn to ignore it, or at least try to! I get the most random comments from everyone and I just smile and ignore them.

Some people tell me I'm to small, others tell me I'm to big, some people tell me I'm going to have a huge baby... ugh..

Hang in there ladies, we're almost done!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aja-belly View Post
i'm kinda enjoying some of the comments i get. people assume i'm due any day now and i'll say nope - late march. and let their jaw drop.

i was measuring 43 cm's last week. here's my latest belly pics.

https://flic.kr/p/3145139407 http://flickr.com/photos/andreasuthe...n/photostream/
You look amazing! SO beautiful!

I get it a little, but mine's mostly fluff. I am bigger with this one than I have been with the others at 30 weeks. I have a picture I've been meaning to put on my blog from Christmas day...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Honestly I'm hating the comments. At Christmas I had all kinds of assinine comments, but since it was family, I had to be civil and hold my sarcastic comments to myself. We're having a family dinner tonight and I am not looking forward to it. How hard is it to believe that I don't have much room for food, really?

You look great, Aja! I don't feel nearly as cute as you look!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.