Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm almost 8 weeks, and I've been feeling pretty good besides some serious food aversions and a bit of queasiness in the evenings. Last night though (TMI warning) I suddenly felt awful, had intense nausea, vomiting/diarrhea, cold sweat, etc. Basically that "just let me die" feeling for about 20-30 minutes and then I was totally fine again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So what do you think? Was it pregnancy-related or food poisoning? If it was food poisoning, what are the odds that it affected the fetus? Anyone experience anything like this?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
<p>The diarrhea does not sound morning sickness related.  But...it took me awhile to figure this out with my first pregnancy and this will be different with everyone, but I can not tolerate dairy at all during the first half of my pregnancies or I get that vomiting/diarrhea, I want to die, feeling.  In my first pregnancy it happened about twice a week, the dairy would build up in my system, then purge.  It was awful.  Second pregnancy, it only happened a few times before I remembered.  This time, it happened once the week before I knew I was pregnant, which was a huge clue to me.  I'm kind of lactose intolerant, but generally handle small amounts of dairy fine when not pregnant.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Everything and anything can be normal when you're pregnant, your body just does weird things.  Maybe there's something your body is not tolerating.  </p>

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Wow - I would have never thought of a food sensitivity. I have been consuming extra dairy in an effort to try to get in more protein, so maybe that's it. Thanks for sharing your experience!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts