Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>i am very curious about this because dh & i were both very quiet, shy children. ds is really bright and loads of fun, but definitely what you'd call a handful. it's really just if he hasn't gotten enough sleep or is hungry that he can be a little wild man, so i know i shouldn't be complaining because what's more typical of a 3 year old!?!? it just seems that both dh's parents and my dad (my mom is passed away) don't recall either of us ever having a stage of tantrums, meltdowns, etc. is it just that our parents have completely forgotten what was a very small stage in the big picture of how we really were 30-some years ago or could two low-key quiet people end up with a high-strung lo?!??!</p>

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
<p>both my mil and my mom said dd resembles no one in energy level in the family. the amount that she is outgoing and the amount of activities she needs - no one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>neither drama - she is much more intense than any of the kids. however they did throw the same amount of tantrums and were equally stubborn and equally curious and 'lawyers'.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>so there is similarity - but dd takes it a step higher.</p>

·
Registered
730 Posts
<p>My 12 y/o is more like her father. </p>
<p>My 9 y/o is exactly like me.</p>
<p>My 8 y/o is completely his own person.</p>
<p>My 3 y/o is in the middle between her father and me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>They're all different.</p>

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
<p>My oldest is a lot like me.  I can see her thinking about stuff the way I used to.  Which makes dealing with her harder and easier too.  My husband was very shy as a kid and only one of our kids is fairly shy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Our kids are more comfortable being themselves than I was.  I'm glad for that.</p>

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<p>My ds is pretty much the opposite of me as a kid.   Other than sleep, he doesnt sleep much and quit napping at 13months, same thing with me.  </p>

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
<p>My dd, 4 years, is very much like me personality wise. Although, she does seem to be overcoming her shyness much sooner than I did. She is not at all interested in the things I was into as a child, much to my dismay.</p>

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
<p>You know, sometimes I see SO MUCH of myself in dd. So many things, some big, some small. But I very much see myself in her. And it is something I try to be *very* careful of because I don't want to project too much, yk? I don't want to overlook things about her because I assume she's just like me, I don't want to neglect other parts of her because I fail to see them. It can be difficult because the resemblance between us is uncanny, both physically and mentally. I need to try to keep perspective on the fact that we are, ultimately, different people. I know that sounds weird, but there you go. </p>

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
<p>My daughter is a lot like me. None of the boys are. My oldest son has adhd and other problems. My middle boys just have completely ganged up on me and don't seem too concerned about anything. I was always particular about things and quiet and such. I have no idea what the baby will be like. Hopefully, he will be like DD. </p>

·
Registered
982 Posts
<p>Dd1 is exactly like me.  I was raised in an emotionally abusive alcoholic home so it's interesting to see the differences as she grows.  She acted exactly like I did as an older baby/young toddler, but at 5 years old is blossoming into her own personality.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dd2 is just like my sister.  Strong willed, obnoxious at times, outgoing.</p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts