Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I wasn't sure the best place to put this, hopefully this is it!

My DH is Muslim and wants our DD to learn his faith. Are there any materials available for teaching preschool age children Islam? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just am getting to know (online) a Muslim parent/teacher who has written a Ramadan story for my site. Kristie is offering through the article to send a free Ramadan lesson to anyone interested - it might be a good way to sample her work. (just scroll to the bottom of the page)

Ramadan is in September this year- so it's a good time to be thinking about this.

If you are interested in a holistic approach, you may want to check out her Islamic school (not listed in the article). It offers a monthly selection of prayers, verses, stories and activities for a small fee.

I'm heading out, but I taught Islam two years ago and I will look later for the wonderful, free curricula I used. It was designed for non-Muslims to learn about Islam, but would make a nice intro into deeper study as even my Islamic friend thought it was excellent.

Best wishes,

Lucie

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks to both of you. I'm Christian and don't know much about Islam (my DH doesn't know all that much either...) but he really wants to teach her. I will look at those links. Thanks again, I knew someone in the HS community could help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts