Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dh is having a really hard time finding work right now.
He's been doing some jobs here and there, but not really enough. I watch my nephew, which pays the rent, but not much else. So, with winter coming, our ds needs some more clothes and we can really afford to buy them - even at used prices it is often expensive. We had tons of hand-me-down for the 0-1 year stage, but now he is too big for them all and his drawers look slim!

So, if anyone has clothes is decent shape that they could part with for shipping - we would really appreciate it! Onesies, turtlenecks and long sleeve, jeans, sweats, fleece pull-overs, pjs, and a winter coat are all on his list of needs. We are not picky, don't care much about the "gender' of the clothing. My son is 27lbs, a bit short (30inches) and wears bulcky cloth diapers - so a big butt!!

I might be able to trade, which I have done for a few great packages of clothes here - but our "stuff to trade" pile is very slim. I have some money in my paypal account right now, so I would send shipping money quickly.

Thanks so much!

Anything you could do to help would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Megan!

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Hope things look up for you soon!

We're moving and I'm slowly creating a stack of things I'd like to part with. I'll get a box going for you - not sure what all I have in your sizes but I'm sure I have some things. Don't worry about the shipping.

I'll pm you when I get the box together and you can let me know how to get it to you!
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I've got at least one pair of jeans and a pair of overalls that are 24mo/2t but too big for DD. (they are boy ones, levis and somthing else) I will just send to you. Pm me your address and give me a couple of days, I may come up with a few more items.

Oh, I know I have one more pair of pants, maybe a jean jacket too.....let me look around

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much!
I will PM you with my address. The community here at Mothering is so wonderful. Thanks again!

Megan

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I will look through our stuff in the next few days. I think Becca is our last so I can start to part with the boy stuff. I am sure I have a winter coat around here. If I forget to reply by Thursday or Friday, please PM me.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Hi. I have 2 girls, so not much here, but I do have a Land's End one-piece winter outfit that was too boyish for us. It's a small 3T. Just PM me your address and I'll send it to you.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Please PM me with his socks & shoe size. I will look around and see what I have--mostly it is girl's stuff but there might be some gender neutral stuff hanging around. Also send your addy too.
Hope things go better for your dh soon, been there so know how tough it can be.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your PM box is full, carminex, so here is the massage I tried to send to you.

Hi! Sorry to be so slow PMING you, it has been a crazy few days. Thanks for offering to look through your clothes for my ds. He wears a 6 right now, so a 7 boot would likely fit this winter (winter lasts forever in New York!). Fleece pjs would be great and pink is just as good as any color in this house!

Thanks so much. Please PM me for what I owe you for shipping! Thanks again!

Megan

·
Registered
151 Posts
what size are you looking for - I have 3 kitchen trash bags of boys 18m-4T - I would be happy to send some free for shipping. (fedX ground runs about 8.00 for a decent sized box.)

mostly jeans, sweatshirts, casual stuff kwim also have a fleece lined jacket. its not for super cold weather but good till about 20 if you layer clothes.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Mamas-
We have gotten 4 wonderful packages of clothing for our ds and are so happy about all of his new stuff. You guys are so great!

I can't write you all individually because I am not sure who is who with the packages having IRL names and not MDC usernames! Sorry for the group thank you!

Much love!

Megan & August

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.