Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting my apprenticeship and I am in need of any midwifery books available. I have a list of the ones that I need/want, but I am sure they are most of the ones out there already. I am very willing to trade or barter. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
do you need Family-Centered Maternity and Newborn Care by Phillips?

I also have paths to becoming a midwife by Midwifery Today (which I don't think you need
)

I also have Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology which would be a good one

V.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definately be interested in Family-Centered Maternity and Newborn Care by Phillips and Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
There is some highlighting in the books and the FCMNC one is missing the end of chapter tests. But other than that they are great learning resources. I also have a copy of Spiritual Midwifery. How about $15 for both $20 if you want SM too. That includes the shipping costs.

V.

or

here is my ISO list

ISO LIST

Large/XL diaper covers (really like nikki's)

Stride rites 8 or 8.5 (toddler) XW boy shoes

Vegan cookbooks

Size 20 women's clothes - need yoga/excer. clothes, long-sleeved shirts, t-shirts (prefer no-logo)

French movies/books/tapes

Art (paintings, cool posters)

Buddhist books, art

Homemade cleaning & personal products

hanging canopy for dd bed

bamboo curtains

bumble & bumple gentle shampoo

Giftcards to amazon, B&N, target, fred meyers, powells, regal cinemas

Harry Potter costume that will fit DD (herminone)

wiggles on DVD or kid stuff (we gave the guitar) or Barney DVD: please though, no clothes

old musicals on DVD

I heart huklebees on DVD

PM if you have something to offer (ds is 1/dd is 6)

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
hi doula sarah,
your on the mamabarter site and i had to look through alot of trading posts to find you but i have a bunch, a bunch of doula and midwifery books.
i need to look through them and see which ones are copies.

do you still need them?
let me know.
maya

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
well they aren't books but I have a stack of Midwifery Today magazines for sale. ($5 each or 12 for $50-may be up to trade) if you're interested lmk and I'll PM you the issue #'s.

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
alright doulasarah i went through them all and i think this is what i can trade

hearts and hands a midwifes guide to pregnancy and birth by elizabeth davis
mothering the mother by klaus kennell and klaus
the complete book of pregnancy and childbirth by kitzinger
pregnancy childbirth and the newborn by simkin
birth without violence by leboyer
the doula book by klaus kennell klaus

thoise are all the doubles i have, if you need any let me know.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hearts and hands a midwifes guide to pregnancy and birth by elizabeth davis - I would love this one

the complete book of pregnancy and childbirth by kitzinger - I would love this one

pregnancy childbirth and the newborn by simkin - I would love this one

birth without violence by leboyer - I would love this one too

the doula book by klaus kennell klaus - I have this one...I think that it was mothering the mother, but they changed it to the doula book

mothering the mother by klaus kennell and klaus I have this one already

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
i thought that about the doula book, mothering the mother, then i wasnt so sure. i look through alot of books and might have just seen soooo many that when you know...
i know that hearts and hands one is hard to get ahold of so i picked it up when i saw it.

the books are yours. shipped by media mail via us post office if thats okay with you.
what about a trade? i am all about trading...
maya

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh gosh...I have no idea what to trade...

I don't even know what I would have. What are you ISO? If you need any baby girls clothing, I gotcha covered! LOL

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Sarah, I also have some books and would be willing to trade, possibly... altho I'm in the same boat, getting ready to apprentice and no midwifery texts!

Another great place is when the library has a book sale, you can get a lot of these titles for cheap! I bought a like-new condition Immaculate Deception for $0.25!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts