Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title about says it all - I'm looking for a dairy free (oil is fine), egg free, soy free oatmeal cookie recipe. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
We are dairy and soy free and I just successfully substituted Spectrum Shortening in a recipe. It is non-hydrogenated palm oil. Coconut oil is another option. My recipe does have eggs though and I am not sure if an egg substitute would work. You might be able to try the flax seed substitute (ground and beaten with water).

If you don't get an actual tried and true recipe I'll post mine and you can try it out if you want. It's a bit high in sugar though.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
HI I just use the recipe on the box, less sugar and either the flax seed and water for the egg, or some mashed banana or egg replacer (it is a potato starch). and as the PP mentioned coconut oil or spectrum shortening.
Sometimes it turns out better than other times... bar cookies seem to do better for me.
allergy free baking is a bit of a learned art it seems, lots of trial and error. Most of the things I have baked have been edible just often crumbly.
HTH,
Kathryn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.