Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a recommendation. We have been having fair luck with calendula products recently. It doesn't eliminate ours totally but helps. We like the oil ones best. Can't recall the brand we have right now but it is sold in healthfood stores as an infant masage oil with a yellow label.

There was also an article in the May/June Mothering issue about treating eczema naturally.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have severe eczema. What has helped me is using lotions and soaps with no preservatives and yuckies...I use Bean Tree Soap...www.beantreesoap.com and I use Burt's Bees lotions. Also try using Acidophilus. The cause of eczema is poor digestion. Acidophilus helps maintain healthy flora and bacteria in your intenstines making it easier to digest. Another thing to try is elimination diet....mine flares up with chocolate
: and dairy and stress. If all else fails then try creams. Good luck...I know it sucks!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I've got a really really good one, we got it when we were at the children's hospital for my son's RSV epsiode they noticed his severe excema and ordered it up = when I brought it home to my doctor hoping for a refill, she researched the ingredients and said this has no drug in it just a combination of a few moisurizers, I can get the label on it.
Its really helped and isn't a steriod etc, if I can remember its mostly glycerin and two other ingredients.
Email me so I don't forget this if you want it.
Alison

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just tried something this week...and gasp...it worked. I bought Evening Primrose Oil capsules. I poked a hole in one so the liquid came out and I smeared the EPO on the eczema and let it soak in. My eczema was GONE the next morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.