Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know the kind. The ones with the nice round tops and cake like in the middle. I don't care about fat content or if it calls for white flour. I use whole barley flour instead of white and it bakes up the same every time. I just need a muffin recipe that's not all lumpy on top or dried out. I thought I had one, but I must have done something different when I first made them because they just have not turned out the same since.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I've got a great recipe and they freeze well, too!

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
8oz. yogurt (blueberry, vanilla, or whatever you have in the fridge, I've used almost every flavor!)
1 egg
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups blueberries (sometimes I use fresh, sometimes frozen, they work the same)

Heat oven to 350

Grease 12 muffins cups

Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. In seperate bowl, combine yogurt, egg, vanilla, butter and blueberries. Stir mixtures together until combined, batter will be very thick. Scoop into prepared muffin cups.

Bake for 25 minutes

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. It's that extra liquid component I think. I think when I first made these I must have doubled the oil. Man were they good though. I will try your recipe this afternoon.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I have one..

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 pint blueberries
1/2 cup sour cream

cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla, mix well. alternate dry ingrediants with milk. Blend in sour cream and fold in berries..

bake 30 mins at 375

1 - 6 of 6 Posts