Mothering Forum banner

ISO Sewing Skills

578 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  papschmitty 
#1 ·
I have a huge favor to ask of some wonderful mama out there who can sew. My mom, one of the most amazing people I have ever known, just passed away after a very short, very intense battle with cancer.
: We have started the painful process of going through all of her belongings. There are a few items of her clothing that I cannot bear to part with; one of which is a pair of her pajamas. I would love to take those pajamas and turn them into a nice blanket for my 17 month old DD. She's very tactile and loves to take soft fabrics and rub them on her face. I sleep with a mask over my eyes every night as DH loves to stay up late reading. The mask I have was a gift from my mom many years ago and is totally falling apart. I'd love to take some of the PJs and turn them into a new mask for me to sleep in. I don't know the first thing about sewing so I'm hoping to find a mama out there willing to do these projects for me. I'll gladly pay you for your time and the cost of any supplies. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something to remember my mom by and feel connected to her.

See less See more
#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by moma justice View Post
if she does not work out, i can do it....let me know!
i lost a daughter last year and it has been very hard to cope...sewing has been a big help for me!

(esp the xtra $$$)
sorry about your mom....it must be very hard.
Thanks. Losing my mom has been the worst thing I've ever gone through. I'm sure you understand. I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I did work out a deal with the previous mama but will keep you in mind for the future. I'm glad you've found something to help you heal. Wishing you comfort and peace.

Andrea

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.