Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't TMI, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having difficulty peeing these days. Sometimes I just really feel like I can't empty my bladder all the way. I pee and not too much comes out, sort of like a trickle (I feel like an old man with prostate issues!) and then as soon as I stand up and walk away I feel like I have to pee again. Nothing really hurts and it doesn't burn or sting, I just feel uncomfortable and its pretty irritating. I know it is probably the position of the baby, but I'm not sure. Think this most likely means his head is down and pressing on my bladder or could it be a foot? I'm so curious right now about what position he is in as well since I've been feeling movement all over. Anything else I can do to relieve some of this? I've tried sort of holding my belly up when peeing and leaning forward, but really it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Most of my bladder emptying "sessions" are like this
. Occassionally I have a really full bladder and pee like I usually do when not pregnant. I know I don't have a UTI so it must be "normal" for us!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've been having similar issues as well!
In fact sometimes when I sit down to pee, I get a huge cramp (BH) that wont go away until I stand up and move. So I dont usually get to pee that "try". And I have to go back later after the BH is gone. its really getting annoying.
I would just like to be able to fully relieve my bladder once in awhile!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yup, I get the same thing - big urge, little payoff. I've found if I sit with my knees far apart and lean over, then lean slowly back I can squeeze some more out. Doing Kegels afterwards really helps too.

I totally get BH when I pee - especially at night! I'm glad I'm not the only one. It really is annoying. Ahh, the joys of pregnancy.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I find I have to physically lift and move my belly off my bladder in order for it to completely empty.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by littleteapot
I find I have to physically lift and move my belly off my bladder in order for it to completely empty.
Oh...good idea! I'll try that next time...

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Me too and it really sucks especially in the middle of the night. It is cutting into my sleep time and making me even more fatigued. I am relieved (I wish
) to know something isn't seriously wrong with me and it seems to be pretty common.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I'm still getting used to having to go really badly... was that all there was??? Goodness! (Baby also jabs at my bladder if it gets too full)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
In addition to lifting your belly up try leaning to the left slightly. This will also help tilt baby off of your bladder. Ahh the potty gymnastics.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, now I'm having this really hilarious image in my head of all of us sititng on the toilet -- legs spread, titling forward, leaning to the left! OMG don't anybody fall off the toilet, alright?! This is only going to get more dangerous as the weeks continue.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've had an UTI and 2 yeast infections during this pregnancy, talk about issues with peeing, lots of water and cranbery juice seem to help, but for some reason I do most of mine at night (about every 3 hours)
:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I've experienced this frustration lately as well. The thing that seems to relieve it most for me, oddly enough, is drinking lots and lots of water. It's probably mostly just in my head (the benefits, I mean), but when I drink a lot and feel a strong need to pee, I actually HAVE a lot to get out... so it seems like the pees from before prenancy or before the baby got so big, at least!
If I'm not drinking lots, I'll still feel this strong need and urgency to pee, but only tinkles fall... ugh... so I'm trying to drink and drink and drink some more!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I drink way more than 8 glasses of water a day, and it does help, because when I don't, I still have to go a lot, but only a little bit comes out; I don't think it's in my head, I think it has to do with having a UTI earlier, I feel like water flushes out everything

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Something I learned pregnancies ago really works. While you are sitting there, lift your belly and rock gently back and forth.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have always had a bit of a shy bladder...
I found that a small little fact I learned in Bradley Class when I was pregnant with Dd really helped me go when things seemed to be holding back.

I thought it was fascinating that if you blow rasberries with your mouth it helps your muscles down there relax too....so if I am having trouble getting the flow going, I simply take a deep breath and blow some rasberries. It usually works! If I'm in a public bathroom I try to do it quietly!!!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by littleteapot
:

I also find that if I lean forward it pushes more out...HTH...Ah, the pottying joys of pregnancy!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have always used a method I got from (I think, anyway!
) Dr. Sear's Pregnancy Book. It's called the Triple Void method. After you think you are done, give a little kegal-type squeeze, wait a sec, repeat 2x. I am always surprised (and relieved!) when a little bit more trickles out when I do this.

*My* problems start when I start getting so big I can barely reach my bum to wipe! Talk about gymnastics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts