Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to tips from here (aka sewing the elastic to the PUL side in the VB AIOs!) and just from doing it a few times now, I just made The Cutest, Tiniest XS VB AIO -- and it looks great!! I'm still running into a few minor problems, but I think with sewing more and more I'll eventually get it down!!

It just looks so darn cute with its teeny-tinyness!! Now, all I have to hope is that this babe (due in just six weeks!) will be small enough to wear these xs AIOs I've been making!!

Madeline and Katherine were 9 lb 1 oz and 8.5 lbs respectively... but while they weren't small babes, they were totally long, so they were totally skinny!!

AND I'm thinking this babe better get here by Christmas because I made a cute red plaid diaper and cover to match!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I haven't started yet (on the vbs or the baby...lol) but i've bought the pattern to make both MLs for my son, and xs/s for my next baby's stash. my son was 9lbs 5oz, and butterflymom just had a 9lb and change (9-4 or 9-5, very close to my son's weight) and posted pics of her son wearing XS VBs, and they fit with the tabs touching still!!

I'm worried about dipes fitting too, since my first was NO trouble, and we have pretty big babies on both sides of the family (altho C was bigger than any of my sibs and DH's sibs, my dad was bigger...but not by much!) infact, my mom's mother had 8lb twins!!

I'm expecting that C wasn't a fluke and the next baby will be bigger still *eep*

So from what i've gathered, the rise gets outgrown pretty fast, but they fit rather well for a bigger NB, for awhile anyways

You might consider making some xs/s rised ones, but since the XS's claim to fame is sitting below the belly button, I dunno if that would work or not. DS had a super long rise as a babe, so I think I may try it out...hehe...

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooh... interesting points, Shan! And now I *do* remember Angelica's photos of her babe in the xs vb aios and they *did* fit remarkably well!! I'm not planning on making a TON of them (ha! that's what I say now, but since I just figured out the *real* way to make them I'm so darn excited to get to work!) but enough just to say that I had xs vb aios!

I've only made one small vb and actually it's a pocket instead of an AIO, but I did put velcro on for a crossover tab, and it comes to just about as snug as the xs size, so I'm thinking this would do the trick? While the itty-bittyness of the xs's is so darn fun, I think I better get started working on some plain ol' smalls!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh... and I was going to say that I
the mediun-long vb aios... the lone VB AIO I ordered was a plain ol' medium and the rise looks just plain silly on Katherine -- I can hardly even get it to velcro!! But, when I lengthened the stride on the medium by ... hm... an inch or so? they fit FABULOUSLY ... the velcro can almost touch in the middle even! It's so funny how a relatively minor adjustment can have such an impact!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.