Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if his would become an issue for my boys. I was really hoping it wouldn't be but I suppose it is inevitable.

Bryce has learned that if he walks by Tracy and cries that Tracy will be talked to. He knows that Tracy is told not to push or pull at him. he knows that Tracy isn't allowed to throw things at him. that kind of thing. We have sat and watched Bryce playing on the floor, Tracy runs by and Bryce cries. He'll watch us and cry until we say something to Tracy.

Tracy does rough him up quite a bit and Bryce is finally sarting to give some back but how do I encourage them to be gentle with each other and not try and get the other one in trouble?

I mean they are 2 and 11 mnths this will be a very long journey if they are already doing this!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
You might want to stop "talking" to Tracy about it.

Unless you see him do something that could actually hurt his brother, don't get involved.

Try reading "Mom, Jason's breathing on me" by Anthony Wolf, for dealing with this in the long term.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. I'll try and find it.

Normally we only say things when he is hurting Bryce. He likes to do somersaults and land on B. Or he likes to lay on the floor and move his legs so B will fall over. B has a bruised forehead and a busted lip just from this week!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
its_our_family Bryce has learned that if he walks by Tracy and cries that Tracy will be talked to. [/QUOTE said:
This is what I was talking about. You defintiely should try to protect your little one from actual harm, and should ignore only when there is no risk of harm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.