Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just read the book "How to Talk So Kids Will Listen, and Listen So Kids Will Talk." This has been an absolute breakthrough for me. I've read many discipline books and articles -- to spank or not to spank -- time-out as an alternative to spanking. Nothing worked -- I was at my wits end-- I was resulting to screaming.<br><br>
My darling DD was never a "discipline problem" until she turned 3 and her brother was born (Lots of changes to endure). So anyways, this book is a great "HOW TO" book and it has worked wonders. I feel so liberated and am now reading the book "Siblings without Rivalry" (by the same authors) to get a headstart with my DS and DD's relationship.<br><br>
To all you wonderful mothers out there I highly recommend getting yoru hands on a copy of this book and reading it from cover to cover.<br><br>
Best Wishes and God Bless<br>
Noreena

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes!!<br><br>
I also love these books!!!!!<br><br>
They're wonderful!<br><br>
And I was able to use what I learned right away and saw immediate results.<br><br>
I don't see how anyone cannot read these books---they offer such great communication tools.<br><br>
I often go back and reread parts for a reminder.<br>
I thought I was the only one who so appreciate these books. Glad to know someone has had a similar reaction.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish also wrote Liberated Parents, liberated children, A guide to a happier family.<br><br>
All three of these books were influencial to me (if a bit too workbookish for me at times..) They are such good food for thought! And for all of childhood, not just a specific age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts