Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when people (usually those who don't have any sons *yet*) defend RIC (rather than later in life) by claiming it heals faster. the exact quote is usually "its just a quick snip and healed in a few days".

this kills me because ds#1 was circ'd (ignorance) and his didn't heal for OVER A MONTH. and it was HELL. he cried adn cried adn was just in so much pain the entire month. It kind of feels like they are slapping me and my sons experience. like 'oh thats rare'

It just always makes me cry b/cuz I can remember his first month very vividly. and the only thing I remember about it was his circ wound and his crying. that is truly sad that people believe that.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Unfortunatly this is the common thinking almost every were that RIC is common. The only thing we can do is make sure that people know the real facts and teach the next generation better.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CalebsMama05
when people (usually those who don't have any sons *yet*) defend RIC (rather than later in life) by claiming it heals faster. the exact quote is usually "its just a quick snip and healed in a few days".

this kills me because ds#1 was circ'd (ignorance) and his didn't heal for OVER A MONTH. and it was HELL. he cried adn cried adn was just in so much pain the entire month. It kind of feels like they are slapping me and my sons experience. like 'oh thats rare'

It just always makes me cry b/cuz I can remember his first month very vividly. and the only thing I remember about it was his circ wound and his crying. that is truly sad that people believe that.
See, I think (circumcising) people tend to either ignorantly not realize, or tune out the screams of pain a circumcision causes while it's healing. Yes, they'll recognize a "oh, that's a he's-hungry cry" or "oh, that's a he's-got-gas", etc., but don't accept there's a "he's incredible-pain-and-human-suffering cry" by saying the usual b.s. "it's just a quick snip and they're good in a few days". WE DON'T KNOW HOW THEY FEEL BECAUSE THEY CAN'T EXPRESS IT IN WORDS!!!!! To say it's "easier" done as an infant than as as adult just makes one negligent to their current suffering and that's child abuse!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
They are in denial (and speaking from denial) and/or speaking out of ignorance
You are in a good position to educate them, but it must be so hard to have your own experiences devalued like that
:

love and peace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts