Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently that when it comes to circumcision and mishaps. When a parent circumcise their child and complications happen most parents would choose circumcision again for their next son saying what happened with the first one was a fluke and that it most likely wont happen again. However when something happens to an intact child and they circumcise him, they go right ahead and circumcise their next one, saying that they would like to prevent what happened with their first one. Why is that? This absolutely makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grendal82002 View Post
I have noticed recently that when it comes to circumcision and mishaps. When a parent circumcise their child and complications happen most parents would choose circumcision again for their next son saying what happened with the first one was a fluke and that it most likely wont happen again. However when something happens to an intact child and they circumcise him, they go right ahead and circumcise their next one, saying that they would like to prevent what happened with their first one. Why is that? This absolutely makes no sense to me.
People like to find ways of defending the choices they made. Everyone does it, I bet almost everyone on this board does too, its not a big deal, its just human reasoning.

It only becomes a problem when that reasoning is used to inflict harm on an innocent. Or to violate their rights as a boy.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Because the US societal norm is circumcision, and the norm must be right. Otherwise it wouldn't be the norm

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yep, that's the extent of the cultural brainwashing and misinformation about circ. The concept of leaving a child intact is so scary they will continue to do it despite the risks and damages.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I have a friend telling me once that her older son's circ came out 'nice' and her youngest didn't do so, that it look weird
(this was told to me before I became an intactivist) but she was telling me like it was normal and she wasn't even worried
: She even said that it was cleaner afterwards. Cleaner? how would she possible know, her sons aren't intact! I was a little shocked.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Also, there more I don't get they go 'blame the doctors ' if the outcome didn't turn out right .

Then they are screaming your taking My Right To Choose To Alter My Son - when they are Taking a Part of His Manhood and Throwing His Right To a Foreskin in the Garbage - life in USA is backwards!

·
Registered
935 Posts
It seems here that "parental rights" outweigh any "human rights" a child is/should be entitled to. Think about it. How hard was it for people to pass child safety seat laws? According to my XMIL, incredibly hard. My own father said that he shouldn't be forced to buckle his children up (I think I remember that right.) So, what parents want, parents get, until wise, intelligent folks like us step up. My XMIL battled for car seats (and silently protested circ by leaving her sons intact), I feel I should battle this. I try, but people are so IGNORANT.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Treece View Post
It seems here that "parental rights" outweigh any "human rights" a child is/should be entitled to.
I know..it's so bass ackwards!
People who circ and are for it seem to think it's 'OK' to cut off a foreskin...would they think it was "OK" to also cut off their babies fingers or toes too? After all, you can get an INGROWN TOENAIL and FEET ARE DIRTY AND SMELLY, ewww..better cut the whole foot off, huh? And, (well IMO at least) feet are gross looking. So, must lop them off.

The logic behind circumcision is not logical.

I think some people lump circ in with signing consent forms to have their kids get 'medical care'..they have this incorrect idea that circ is some sort of 'necessary medical procedure'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.