Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dd nurses (and sometimes during), my breasts are feeling a little itchy--not the nipples, but breast itself. We've had some thrush issues, but we treated very aggressively, we're currently on "thrush maintenance" (probiotics for both of us, anti-yeast diet and Candex for me, nipples exposed to air when at home), and have no other signs of it (no stabby/burning while nursing, no signs of thrush in dd). Is this just skin stretching and contracting? Or does it sound like the thrush is on its way back?

I'm also curious--nursing has become somewhat less painful for us (although not totally pain-free, due to Raynaud's and dd's mouth structure) so that I can finally feel my let-down. I notice that when she's nursing, both breasts let down every time--although the breast she's not on is only leaking a few drops now (it used to be half an ounce or so). Will that always happen? My breasts have also gotten much softer, all the time, even when I wake up after a long sleep (dd goes 5-7 hours). This is normal, right? Your breasts and supply just normalize?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
: everything you said sounds normal to me. as for the itchiness, I just spread the nipple ointment over most of the breast, and it helps.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I have an itchy sensation during and after dd nurses. It just feels all tingly but not too bothersome, so I guess it is normal? I hope so anyways...LOL...

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
There was a thread about this a while back, and a LOT of us, for unknown reasons get itchy breasts and/or armpits while nursing. So I'd say that's normal.

My milk supply has also adjusted in the same way you mentioned - softer breasts, engorgement less often, let-down no longer sprays 4 feet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts