Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bad weekend after losing some confidence in the earning ability and the deepening sense that stbx is going to decide he needs all his dough for himself. I realized that if I'm supporting dd on my own, we'll be able to stay in the house, but just barely. And I was so, so worried and sad last night, thinking about the possibility of dd growing up hostage to stbx's depression/anxiety half of her life.

But after doing some research I see that the man's still going to be ordered to pay some substantial support, no matter what. Even if the court awards 50-50 custody. And that there's explicitly no court sympathy for his yearning to go back to school and make a lot less money. We can stay here fine (unless he wants to undermine his longterm position by failing to pay support). And I think that if dd's starting to be seriously affected by stbx's illness, it'll show up in some documentable way; plus I'll be here for her, and able to help to some extent.

I think it'll be all right.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.