Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No.. no Baby Ngaio.. but its so SO beautiful today. the sky is blue as blue can be and the air is crisp and cold.. the kind of day you bundle up in a warm sweater and mittens and a scarf and smile because your nose is cold but the rest of you is tingly wram.

i woke up with the sun streaming through my bedroom window and a feeling of peace came with it and i wanted to share it because i know its been a hard few weeks for some of us.. waiting for our babies and feeling uncomfortable and all of the other stresses of life.. but it made me realise that the simple things like a beautiful day make everything else seem to trivial. and that we have to take each day as it comes and really bask in the beauty of each day..even if that beauty is just a smile from our child or a story book that makes you cry ..or the way that the leaves smell in autumn all musky and sweet..

and i had this PM from a MDC momma in my mailbox...

"
My dream...

I just wanted to tell you about my dream last night.

I dreamt I was in Vancouver again, and I went to your house to find you. I walked in, and there were a bunch of people waiting. You were in the bedroom in labour.

I spoke to this woman, and said, "Oh I wasn't sure, I knew her baby was due around this time. I've never met her, I know her from the internet. I just really wanted to come meet her."

The woman said, "She is wonderful isn't she?"

I said, "Yes she is."

Then we could hear that your baby was born. We heard you laughing, and we knew it was a little girl. Everybody in the room was really moved. The woman I was talking to had tears, as did I.

I told the woman to wish you well from me and I left.

I just wanted to share it with you becuase it was such a warm dream. I know you are giving birth any minute, or just did maybe. I just had such a strong sense in the dream that you were well, your baby was well, and you had people who care about you.

Bright blessings to you MamaFern! "

it is a beautiful day!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
What a really beautiful dream! I am so glad you shared it with us.

It is beautiful here today as well, the same kind of day. I woke up with that sweet peaceful feeling too; it's nice to spend some time not having that *urgent* feeling of wanting to get things going, but just enjoying the quiet, and my babe inside of me still.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Wow -- well, it's not so blatently beautiful here (grey skies, kind of cold) and I didn't sleep that well last night -- BUT I am feeling a lot relaxed about letting the baby choose his or her own B-day, even if that means waiting as much as another 2 weeks or so. That makes today a beautiful day for me, too.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Yep: it was a fantastic, crisp, tingly kind of day here as well (and my boys went off to school wearing hand-knitted hats today
I thought I'd mention that, seeing as it's Fern's thread.) It's a something HAPPENING kind of day, if you know what I mean?? Gorgeous sunrises in the morning, a gorgeous sunset this evening and it's just bursting with possibilities.
Come on, 6pm GMT and no birth announcements?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
It is sooooo beautiful in Vancouver today!! We took Neela out for her longest walk yet in the sunshine- though she slept and didn't notice much. I was getting to feeling a bit cooped up and housebound by all of the rain, when we were finally blessed with such a beautiful day. Thanks for the wonderful post, Fern

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I live just across the Strait of Georgia from Fern and it is a beautiful day here too. I'm not up to going outside at the moment but I am eagerly awaiting the point at which the sunshine hits our couch. Should be about another 20-30 minutes. At that time I will enjoy a nap in the sunshine and hopefully that will make me feel a little more cheerful.

I hope the weather stays clear til tomorrow night, so we can see the full moon - or is it Wed night?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.