Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was blessed with a little girl Wednesday night about 11pm. Her name is Malindi (Mali) Ruth. She was 7 and a half pounds and 19 inches long. She was born at home, peacefully underwater and is doing very well.

Labor was intense to say the least! I had random contractions throughout the day that I could walk and some of them talk through. The contractions apparently were just to open my cervix. The ones that hit me at 945pm were worse than anything I have ever experienced. They started right out at 2 minutes apart and lasting a minute. I found out later it was back labor, hitting me on either side of my spine in my pelvis. A few would radiate around to the front but each one got worse and after about 5, I was on the floor. I was quiet through most of the, moaning a few times and swearing once! My dh filled the pool and called the midwife. I got a little relief in the pool and told the baby to do what she needed to come out, that I would not fight her and help in what ever way I could.

Within 2-3 contractions I was pushing, my friend arrived and the midwife arrived 3 contractions after that. She was in time to see the baby crowning and to help ease her out of me as I pushed gently. She came out and just rested on me, looking up into my face and I let her know that I was her Mommy and everything was okay.

Labor was about 45 minutes and I pushed a few times. I dont know how people go through back labor for longer than that. I am still reeling from it personally, I felt like I was on a freight train.

I am very happy to have Mali, and Konur is so very good with her and adores her. He is all smiles when he sees or talks about her. He slept through the birth somehow.

Thank-you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it.

Here is a link to some pictures if you are interested, my only way to display is through my necklace website, I am not trying to spam you, its just all I have. Please sign up for the group, go to the photo section and to the folder with her name on it (Malindi Ruth) to see pictures of her and my family. You can unregister once you see them, that way you wont get any updates if you dont want them.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lorisnursingnecklaces/

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Welcome, welcome sweet
!!! Congratulations to all

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank-you all so much!

I have tried to make the best of my babymoon give everything that is going on right now.

Reality hit this morning though when my midwife asked me when we could pay her the rest of the money we owe her. Fair enough. We still owe 800 and she has agreed to take it in 200 a month payments. Its going to kill us, and my dh is going to start selling his plasma every week to help pay her off. I was hoping to hold off on starting nursing necklaces/ID badge holders again for another week or 2 (just take any orders that come in but not try to get any new ones) but thats not possible now. That will mean no more naps during the day with Konur and Mali, as that is the only time when I can get them done without Konur interrupting me. I wont leave her hanging though, she has been wonderful to even let us pay after the birth and not all at once.

Its been tough to not have any help at home either. My mom finally *got* it last night when she realized that she was in the hospital for 5 days with me and had help for a few weeks at home. She had been trying to figure out why I was "babying" myself so much. I almost cried when I told her it was because no one else was going to do it for me. My dh was home for 2 days and had to go back to his 2 jobs so its been me taking care of the apartment and both kids. He works all night 4 nights a week and teachs for the Red Cross all day Saturday and 2-3 other evenings a week for 3-4 hours. Now he will be selling plasma which takes about an hour 2 times a week. Poor guy! I have to be greatful I am at least home.

Sorry this turned into a whine, probably just hormones.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Lori ~
You deserve to be pampered and babied and doted on!! I hope that your Mom is able to help some. I remember how hard that sleep-deprived beginning was for me, and I'm trying to imagine how it will be with a very active older child.

Mali's birth story is just beautiful! Congratulations!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.