Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.<br>
.<br>
Disappointing ultrasound! Little baby was face down with his/her legs crossed very tight. The tech had a hard time looking at all the anatomy, so the perinatologist asked that we come back in 4 weeks for a better look. They weren't able to get a good look at the heart. Otherwise he said the baby looks very good. I'm definately bummed, but glad the baby is growing well and looks healthy. The next u/s will be right before Christmas...so hopefully s/he will be in a better position to see the heart and the gender!<br><br>
Oh...and my placenta is anterior, which is probably why I haven't felt too many kicks...especially with the baby facing my back.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Yep, that's a sneaky baby you have there!<br><br>
Well, hopefully he/she is a bit less modest and shy next time around...

·
Registered
605 Posts
How nice to know why you haven't really felt kicks. You just have a snuggly baby! Maybe he/she will stretch more before next time.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Awww sad! I have my long awaited ultrasound on Thursday and if this happens i will cry with disappointment! I need to know what this little one is! But i'm glad you get to try again in a few weeks. S/he is gonna be a snuggler!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ladies. It's so nice to have a shoulder to whine on! I was really, really bummed, but I think I'm over it now. I just want to start knitting baby stuff!! I'm a little torn about doing the second ultrasound, but since it is the heart I think it's important to get a better look. Good look at your u/s mkmama!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts