Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am definitely not a hoarder. My last major decluttering session was just before dd was born. She's now 14 months and the cupboards are straining again. I've even started storing things on top of cupboards, god I hate that. Now all I can see in my house are dusty boxes full of who knows what on top of cupboards. It's spring and I need to purge! I've already tackled the medicine cabinet and got rid of all the out of date stuff. Now I'm doing the hall closet, I mean how many pairs of slippers does 1 family need! Wish me luck!

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My weekend purge resulted in clearing out the junkhole (everyone has one of those, right?). I got rid of two old suitcases, a broken fan, a vegetable rack and god knows what the rest of that junk was. Some bags you don't even need to open, I haven't looked in this bag for a couple a years, I don't know what's in it so I obviously don't need it. Today I've got rid of four sizeable bags of kids stuff to goodwill. Still so much to go though. I have to convince myself to get rid of the clothes that haven't fit me since my first pregnancy. And files full of lesson plans (I'm a teacher), I know I'll never use them but somehow I feel the need to keep them!

· Banned
11,542 Posts
i totally know the feeling.

i have these baskets that i bought in our cubby area in our living room. one was designated for home receipts and such. it's crammed now. CRAMMED. it's only been a month. granted, it's a month of starting over in a new place so lots of things to get sorted. but *honestly* crammed?

i do have an obligation to organize it. I cracked open Numbers in our Mac and what a fantastic program. I'm setting up for our home, our business, and our investments/retirement stuff right now. I want to get a scanner for the receipts, but i can wait on it. for now, i'm just organizing them into envelopes so that they are more organized and thus take up less space than just being crammed in there. the contracts (for things like cell phones, etc) i'll put into another file in another place (where i keep old taxes, contracts, and other important papers).

i'm being lazy about it though. i'm currently exhausted: PMS plus the emotional rig-a-ma-roll that the people from whom we are buying the business put us through. They are getting down right surly! Anyway, Anzac biscuits and tea for me, while baby Hawk plays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.