Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... intuativly.

When I was pregnant, we had the "no spanking"/"I am glad my parents did, never out of anger, it is sometimes okay, yada yada"

If my husband could hear the way he talked then... could flash back and watch the way he was at the time... I am sure he would giggle and blush!

I am an AP mommy, life is our school, never feel insecure if I can help it sweet babe, GD all the way, etc... Hubby conflicted and contrasted again and again while I was pregnant in most conversations. I would not argue - it is not our way, because we really do like to communicate, but I must admit there were times when I felt isolated, frusterated, or that our view was so fundamentally different that we did not share much context.

Life did for him what I could not. Every day our son was with us since the fist seconds outta the mommy and into the bath tub, my husband has been experiencing paradigm shifts.

Our son is 3 now. I can proudly say that he has a very GD daddy that is comfortable with him, comfortable with himself, and is anxious to learn along side of my son... he frequents this forum and this section, particularly!

We both love our parenting experience, and we have a VERY secure, smart, and fun son that can communicate his feelings, his needs, his discomforts - because he knows what they are, and knows he can communicate with us.

Our son blows me away DAILY! And his daddy does, too!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Embers,
Thank you so much for posting this! Dh and I are expecting our first in a few months and have some disagreement about parenting methods.

One thing he continues to repeat to me is that spanking may be needed as "a last resort in extreme situations."

Sigh. When I kindly ask him to give me an example of a situation where he thinks spanking might be appropriate, and why, he really can't come up with any! So I think he is gd at heart, he just doesn't know it yet....

Thanks again for this post, it was encouraging to me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts