Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past year, since the birth of my DS, I've read very regularly on this and the other BF'ing boards and have been greatly inspired by them. The more time I've spent here, the more it seems absurd to me that the great majority of children in out culture are weaned before they're ready.<br>
Unfortunately, DS and I are on the last leg with nursing. I've struggled with my supply all along and while I've been able to EBF for this past year, it's taken a great deal of effort on my part, including pumping 6-7 times a day and nursing 3-4 times and taking hearbs and medication. I've done this while watching my 3 children under the age of 3. I also no longer have any support in my family to continue with my regimen.<br>
I can't tell you how I wish that nursing came a little more easy to me. I wish that circumstances were different and that I was able to continue giving my sweet DS what he clearly enjoys. I can't describe with words how much I'll miss it.<br>
Anyway, I wanted to let you know what a wonderful thing I think you're doing for your children. There's something wrong with our culture that nursing beyond infancy is an exception rather then the rule.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts