Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday ex told me we're done for good, that there's no hope of reconciliation and that's it. He reaffirmed it at our couple's counselling appointment yesterday.
I was blindsided by it. We had actually been getting along really well and I was beginning to think there was hope.
I gave him back my rings, he is coming on Monday to take the bed (his dad made it for us for a wedding gift - I can't stand to sleep in it anymore) and that will be the last of his stuff.
I'm hardly functioning I'm so sad and so overwhelmed trying to figure out how to live the rest of my life alone.

· Registered
636 Posts
Mama. I know how hard it is. My ex came home one night and out of the blue told me to get my stuff and my baby and get out of his house. We went back and forth for months trying to work it out before I gave it up.

My best advice is surround yourself with friends who will love and support you. And try not to spend too much time on self-pity and self-doubt. Remember that it's not all your fault, even though you may feel like it at times.

I know this won't mean much now, but it will get a little better each week, I promise. And you can always come here for a pick-me-up. The mama's in this forum rock!!

· Registered
8 Posts
it's not all that immediately helpful, but something that helped me when I found out my husband had had an affair and was leaving me...was reading Pema Chodron's book "When Things Fall Apart". It gave me great perspective. There is light at the end of the tunnel, hang in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.