Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the one thing I know DD is intollerant to? Dairy.
What is the one thing I always warn newbies to be on the lookout for in foods? Sodium Caseinate.
What did I JUUUUST realize was in the seasoning packet of the rice noodle ramen I like? Sodium Caseinate.
I cannot believe how stupid I am. GF, egg free, blah, blah. I guess I never checked to see if there was any dairy or maybe I did but then they changed the recipe. In any case I have eaten probably 8 packs of this thai ramen over the months. The amount of SC in it is small but still....Man I hope I haven't been eating anything else stupid. Just when you think you've really got things covered....I am just kicking myself!!!!!!!!!!

· Premium Member
8,786 Posts
So maybe you've just uncovered the mysterious crappy sleeping problems??

And don't worry... I have done stupid stuff like that more times than I care to admit.
:

· Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
So maybe you've just uncovered the mysterious crappy sleeping problems??

And don't worry... I have done stupid stuff like that more times than I care to admit.
:
Well, that was my first exciting thought but I don't know that I've been eating enough of it to make a significant difference with the sleep. I certainly hope she's not that sensitive but time will tell I guess. The last time I had the noodles was probably a week ago. And....with molar teething in full effect NOTHING is going to help with the sleep. I can't wait for these dang things to come in!!!!

· Premium Member
8,786 Posts
Want to hear my most recent
moment? I was looking for some cheap, non-antibacterial hand soap for the bathroom (which BTW, is really hard to find these days...). Found some at Target that smelled halfway decent... got home and realized that I just bought: MILK PROTEIN and honey soap.

Granted, DD's not going to be eating it... but still, I figured that would be a pretty stupid thing to be rubbing all over my hands before I touch her.

· Registered
10,748 Posts
My biggest duh moment was when I saw the Butterball turkey on sale right before Thanksgiving, and I didn't even LOOK at the ingredients. I've been doing this for 8 years. You'd think I'd know better. Got home. Of course we couldn't have it. Gave it away on freecycle and bought a safe one. And when I got the ALCAT test back, I went out and bought safflower oil, then got home and realized it had Vitamin E (soy) in it. oops. I have many moron moments.

· Premium Member
8,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbrown92 View Post
And when I got the ALCAT test back, I went out and bought safflower oil, then got home and realized it had Vitamin E (soy) in it. oops. I have many moron moments.
OMG- you should see the collection of oils that we have bought and then can't use... I think we have 5 "oops" bottles (added Vit E, bottled in facility w/peanut oil, etc.) just from the past 2 months...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.