Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I got up to take my middle of the nite pee. Didn't flush as not to wake up the kids. When I got up and went to the bathroom to flush I noticed the bowl was bright red with blood. I have been bleeding all morning. Not too heavy, but off and on surges. The cramping is intermittent, but nothing too bad yet.

I was 11 weeks along.

I spotted a little about 2 weeks ago, but nobody seemed worried. Deep down I knew something wasn't right with this pregnancy, I don't know why. I just felt that way, I suppose. My midwife says to just rest and she will talk to me at the end of the week. Is this how it is? Will the bleeding get worse, or heavier? How long will it last. It feels weird to just have a...well, you know... inside there and just be walking around like that. Is there anything I can do naturally to speed this up? I suppose I should just call and ask the midwife, but I don't feel like talking to anyone right now.

I'm just tired of the waiting...

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Ohhh mama!

For me the bleeding got heavier as I got closer to actual delivery (so to say), then afterwards it tappered off and so did the cramping!

If you need to talk PM, ive been there 6 times and still it doesnt get any easier!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'm going to be there anytime now and just wanted to offer my
s and tell you that you are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm so sorry.

I don't have any advice for you, I ended up having a D&C.
Please take care of yourself and know that we are all here for you.

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts

Try and get some rest and drink plenty of water. Your midife will robably be able to give you more info when she sees you.

There are things you can take to speed it up but you really ought to talk to your midwife about that because some of the herbs can be rather dangerous if someone doesn't know what they are doing.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Hugs to you momma. I did a whole bunch of reading on this board when my loss started at about 11 weeks. There are many posts here talking about what to expect and this board shows that it really is a different experience physically for each of us. Stay hydrated. Get some rest if you can.
It is a confusing feeling wrought with so many emotions when you are in that waiting period. I wish you well and will keep you in my thoughts at this difficult time.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, everyone.
. It helps to have other kind hearted mamas around who I can "talk" to and understand. I read through some of the threads here and now I feel like I understand alot more what is going to happen, and what its like you know. I also talked to a geed friend last night who recently went through the same thing, and she gave me lots of good info.

I have my OB appointment today. I was supposed to go in and get my bloodwork, and have an u/s to check for dates. I guess they'll still do the ultrasound. As far as my bleeding, it got heavy for a little bit yesterday, after walking around for a bit, and I was relieved, because I thought it was finally starting. But today it has slowed back to almost nothing. I know I shouldn't think about it and just let it pass, but its hard. As horrible as it sounds I just want it over with. I don't want to feel sick, and sad. I just want it to be done.

Anyways, thank you all for being here for me. It means more than you know. I didn't think this would hit me that hard. In so many ways, I felt like I wasn't ready to have another baby. Not that I didn't want it....I don't know. I just feel bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts