Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would one of you just have a baby already? Well, maybe not quite YET, but as soon as the earliest due daters in this club hit 37-38 weeks,it would be nice of you to give birth and promptly post adorable newborn pics. You know, something to inspire the rest of us while we wait.

I'm joking of course, but man, this twiddling my thumbs and gestating is getting OLD. And I have no evergy left for nesting!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I think I'll be early. I'm due the 8th of Aug., but both #1 and #2 were 10 days early. I would love to have this baby in the last week of July. I'm right with you, though, it's going to be fun on this board when we start seeing announcements being made.

sarah

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'm still firmly in the camp of "stay in there baby, as long as you can!"

I didn't feel like this pregnancy was flying by but suddenly the end just snuck up on me and I would like to enjoy the last month or so of being a mommy of two, before we welcome the little dude

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Yeah, pretty much that, except I don't know about the "as long as you can" thing. Someone I know had theirs a whole month late recently and she was SO miserable and depressed.

I keep telling this baby to just stay in 4-10 more weeks and I'll be happy. That's a wide range so at least he/she could listen a little, right?!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm with you on the waiting game, everything that needs to be done has been taken care of, and five more weeks seems so long (the earliest my midwife will deliver me without transferring me to the hospital), but I'm sure time will fly by.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raene View Post
Yeah, pretty much that, except I don't know about the "as long as you can" thing. Someone I know had theirs a whole month late recently and she was SO miserable and depressed.
Well, 42 weeks is my limit, but I'm flexible until then!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
7 more weeks seems long to me sometimes...but I don't want to rush it either. I'm very excited to meet my new ds, but also want to really enjoy my ds1 a little longer, just us, you know? Not looking forward to those sleepless nights... but can't wait to have him!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm due the 8th, and it seems unbearably far off. This time I really just feel so big and heavy, and I miss having a lap for my other little ones to sit on...

Also, the baby's size just shy of 34 weeks was estimated at 7 pounds, 5 ounces. Now, I know that these estimations carry a huge margin for error, but the doctor who did the measurements is the same doctor who got my last baby's weight bang on the day she was born, perfect. And my midwife thought that seemed compatible with what she is palpating... So I'd just as soon naturally go into labor around 37-38 weeks and get away with a big baby, but not an absolutely MASSIVE baby....

Ah well, I'm just whining anyways. This will all be over before we know it... it just seems draggy today for me... Sigh...

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I'm trying to really enjoy the last few months of pregnancy. I'm not due until the end of Aug but I'll gladly go a week early. I still have quite a bit to do so I'm not in a hurry yet.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Ha ha.. tick.. tick.. tick.. I have just 6ish more weeks left.. tick.. tick.. tick..

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can be like me, put everything off till the last minute which makes time FLY by

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have 5 more weeks, but I want to have everything ready in two weeks. The midwife lets me have a home delivery from week 37, so it's getting close! DH is taking the kids away for a night at the grandparents in two weeks (sleepover for the 3 of them) so after I enjoyed that peace and quiet and slept in for the first time in 4 years, baby can come. DD was 4 days before due date and DS one week after, so there's no telling for me.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I wouldn't mind going anytime after 37 weeks (when my midwives will let me deliver at the birth center). That's July 9th.
I've been induced on or right around my due date for all the others though, so I don't see it happening. LOL I figure I'll go about a week over. That puts me at August 6th or so.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I am due August 2nd, that would put me at July 12th for 37 weeks.

I would be happy to go ANYTIME after that except from July 18-July 25, my midwife will be in FL. SOOOO anytime from July 12-17 then July 26th or later.

At 37 weeks, I will start RRL tea, SEX SEX SEX, EPO inserts, and nipple stim.

I had my membranes stripped with Abrielle, this time I cannot do that because of my borderline placenta previa, so I am really hoping by 41 weeks I will have gone into labor. I am not very comfortable going over 42 weeks, so I hate to be worrying about that from 41-42 weeks.

Anyway, I hope to be one of the next to go.... I'm trying lol.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thorn View Post
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
Ha ha.. tick.. tick.. tick.. I have just 6ish more weeks left.. tick.. tick.. tick..

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heehee. It looks like we're in two camps: those patient enough to wait without freaking out and those (like me) who just want to be able to touch their toes again!!

I think part of the reason for my impatience is that with my last pregnancy I developed cholestasis late in the game and it was horrible and stressful and just wretched. I kind of feel like I'm racing the clock this time. I would just as soon have a healthy 37-38 weeker with only natural means to encourage that turn of events rather than suddenly have my liver go into meltdown again and have it be a big interventionist showdown with my in the middle of it all feeling like crap.

The good thing is that I had my 34 week appointment yesterday. If everything keeps on going well (and my liver holds up), my next midwife appointment will be the home visit at 36 weeks! That somehow really helped me to see the rest of this pregnancy as a little less interminable.

LOL... I mentioned all casually to the midwife yesterday that I am having my husband "apply prostaglandins to my cervix" every night... She looked so taken aback it was freakin' priceless.... lollollol...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well DD was born at 42 weeks so I'd really like this one to come a little earlier. I'm 33 weeks now so have 4 weeks before I can have a homebirth. I'd be totally shocked if this baby comes before 40 weeks!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostRose View Post
You can be like me, put everything off till the last minute which makes time FLY by

:

I have nothing ready at all, and could just put it off. When I start to feel in labor, I think I will have Dh go to the garage and get out the tote of neutral clothes, and pull out a couple of blankets. Talk about procrastination. I will sort stuff when I am in labor. I told my midwife that she shouldn't be alarmed when she comes for visits and doesn't see a crib or and ounce of baby stuff around. I will have the birth kit ready, but no rush for anything else.

I was way too prepared for dd, and that made the time drag on forever. (and I mean forever, 4 weeks late!!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.