Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pulled my son from Preschool today. We have always planned on homeschooling him but because of work schedules he has had to go for a little bit each week for the last seven months. Something switched in the last few months, he never wanted to go and for the past three weeks he has been peeing and finally pooping in his pants (he doesn't even sleep in diapers at night time). So my husband and I are really excited about "starting to homeschool" but what does that mean exactly...nothing really not from DS point of view his life will still pretty much be play, art projects, helping around the house and adventures. We are the ones who are more affected by the change, because while we aren't changing what we are doing any more than how we shift to meet his ever changing needs.

But for us getting to this spot is really important, a few weeks ago, when we knew this day was coming, we started a note book to write down the things that we do with him that are 'educational' intentional or not. It is also a place to put all the things that we notice that interests him. My husband has also started reading all the homeschooling books we have around the house. In some ways these first few years are about homeschooling us the parents not ds.

In any case I just wanted to share my joy.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
What a great way to start your adventure!

We pulled my ds out of preschool when he was 5. The drive was just too much. His school was great. They scheduled a "farewell" circle time for our son, so he had a chance to tell his friends that he was leaving to start his homeschool.

It did take awhile for us to settle into a routine. We kind of dabbled with it for a few months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.