Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have had the Paragard copper iud since 99 and on Thursday my dh and I had sex. Friday afternoon I see slight pink blood and some yellow/pale yellow and today light greenish discharge. I don't think what the cause of this is...it is not my period b/c I had it two weeks ago. I feel slight cramping and a little pain and the discharge is kinda thick with those colors.

I wanted to know what I should do...are they going to take my iud out if it is a problem with that or do you think it might be just a infection? Also, I couldn't feel my strings b/c they are so high up since this problem happened.

What do you all suggest...any recommendations? I hope they don't have to remove the iud.

Please help!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Sounds like an infection to me, probably not IUD related. I'd go and get it checked just in case. Paragard is supposed to last 10 yrs so maybe you're overdue for a new one anyway, eh?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.