Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I had my IUD (paraguard) removed on 1/12.  According to my faithful 28 day cycle I should have ovulated around the 8th of January.  On the 15th my DH and I had "romantic" relations.  I said we should be safe.  I should have started my cycle on 1/21 and it's 1/24 with no cramping or signs of starting.  Could the IUD removal have delayed my cycle or caused a goof up in it?  I asked my Gyn if removal would mess up my cycle or cause ovulation and he said no to both. </p>
<p>I honestly can't remember how my cycles were before my paraguard because they were faithful every 28 days for 3 years (aside from stressful times) and before that I had mirena, before that I breastfed and before that I was pregnant with our first for 9 months.  So it's been about 6 years since I could even think about how my cycle used to be.</p>

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>Im on the same boat but a slight difference, i started the Mirena in august 2011 had it taken out on january 16, 2012 because of pain and very uncomfortable, i had been on my period since jan. 5th 2012, i was spotting at the moment it was taken out and lasted til the 24th , i had unprotected sex on the 26th of january ttc, Since i had it only for 5 months wasnt sure what the after effect would be like, according to my 28 days cycle i should start any day now but i have no symptoms of my period, i even have dryness in my vagina and i never experienced such thing, im also having sore nipples and tiredness, i have taken 2 pregnancy test, one at home and one at doctors office and both came back negative, maybe im trying too soon and should wait but this is seriuosly making me go bananas.</p>

·
Registered
134 Posts
<p>I don't know how much this might help, but when I had my Paragard removed in November, I ended up having a 65 day cycle.  Granted, I was wildly irregular before getting the Paragard, but I had a fairly regular 32-day cycle while I had it.  I just wrapped up my 2nd post-IUD cycle and it clocked in at 32 days.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts