Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am wondering has anyone here taken Repronex while breastfeeding? My dd is 12 mos and DH and I are thinking about #2. I just don't think dd is ready to wean yet, and I really don't think she will be for awhile.

I looked at the IVF and BF thread, but I just didn't feel like it pertained to me too much, because I don't have such the high cost with IUI. I suffer from recurrent miscarriage but from what I have read (Adventures in Tandem Nursing), miscarriage risk isn't necessarily raised. so anyway, I would love to hear from some other mamas that have went down this road already.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm not using the medication you are speaking of, but I am BF'ing my DS who is almost 10 months old now and I did use an HCG trigger shot for an IUI insemination tomorrow. I was wondering if there are others out there doing this too?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI Can't wait, I don't thing the hcg shot will have much effect on your nursing from what I understand. My RE told that the Repronex, which is LH, may dry up my milk. Do you know anything about this? Also, I called my perinatalogist's (high risk OB)office, and they said that he likes for his patients to wean by 24 weeks. That they have seen unfavorable changes to the cervix from nursing....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.