Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to stop eating crap food now! Man, it's driving me crazy. I was so good at eating well and choosing wisely but all of a sudden it's like all I want is sugary crap. Doesn't help that we had some company over and now our house is stocked with junk cereal, etc.
Ah well, rant over!

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Ditto the Cadbury's, I have avoided buying the Reese's PB Easter Eggs. *drool*. Everything I eat gives me heartburn now (except fast food burgers and fries - go figure) so it's helping some. But dang, cravings are hard, especially when I have GD.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
The relatives all came over yesterday after church and my mom brought homemade brownies. And then left them. Or at least she left them yesterday. Today I need to take her the empty pan.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
yup, me too. I was all about fruits and veggies, protein shakes etc... but this past week all I want is fatty fried foods. I cant stop thinking about french fries dipped in ranch dressing
Anything deep fried has my attention

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Sounds yummy...my aunt called to say she sent us easter candy with the baby clothes....I think they are going to arrive today or tomorrow...mmm... No spicy or fried foods for me though - HEART BURN!!! My poor DH...he loves spicy food. Funny...because spicy is all I wanted during my 2nd trimester.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
The relatives all came over yesterday after church and my mom brought homemade brownies. And then left them. Or at least she left them yesterday. Today I need to take her the empty pan.

this sound like me. I eat and eat until it's all gone. My theory is the faster I eat it the faster I get rid of it. The problem is, dh keeps replinishing the supply.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Sounds yummy...my aunt called to say she sent us easter candy with the baby clothes....I think they are going to arrive today or tomorrow...mmm... No spicy or fried foods for me though - HEART BURN!!! My poor DH...he loves spicy food. Funny...because spicy is all I wanted during my 2nd trimester.
For me the spicy foods do not bring on heartburn. This is great because I love spicy food. However, sweet stuff brings it on and I STILL eat it even though I will suffer.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
As a non-pregnant person, I crave chocolate all the time. Not so when pregnant--I want fruits, veges, all kinds of super healthy stuff. And then the idea to have some marshmallow mateys came in my head. I bought a bag of those nasty little whatnots, and poured a bowl. I ate the trashy cereal, but there was more milk left so I filled er up. Then the cereal within was a bit dry, so i added some more milk. But then there was some milk leftover, so ...... you get the picture. When I was growing up this stuff was taboo, and I really haven't ever wanted it. The fetus and I have an agreement that when gestation is over we can get back to the old rules. until then, I've added to my stash: corn pops, fruity pebbles, applejacks, and fruit loops. Oh my god, make it end!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lanamommyphd07 View Post
As a non-pregnant person, I crave chocolate all the time. Not so when pregnant--I want fruits, veges, all kinds of super healthy stuff. And then the idea to have some marshmallow mateys came in my head. I bought a bag of those nasty little whatnots, and poured a bowl. I ate the trashy cereal, but there was more milk left so I filled er up. Then the cereal within was a bit dry, so i added some more milk. But then there was some milk leftover, so ...... you get the picture. When I was growing up this stuff was taboo, and I really haven't ever wanted it. The fetus and I have an agreement that when gestation is over we can get back to the old rules. until then, I've added to my stash: corn pops, fruity pebbles, applejacks, and fruit loops. Oh my god, make it end!
that's how I eat cereal (I just finished a "bowl" actually)! Usually I opt for reasonably healthy cereals, but it is actually my hubby that LOVES kiddie cereals so lately that is all I have bought b/c it seams if they are in the cupboard that I eat them and he gets stuck with cereal he doesn't like...ok, I guess I really can't blame eating captain crunch on him!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Saturday we went to Ruby's Diner for dinner. I got ordered a Gardenburger with coleslaw (sub. for the fries) I wanted to order a shake, but I resisted the urge. I then wanted SOOOOO bad to get apple pie ala mode, but I quickly paid the bill and we left.
All I could think about was the stinkin' milkshake I just resisted....it was calling my name!!! Yesterday, I couldn't resist anymore, and we went to Tastee Freeze. I got a chocolate dipped cone and a large order of SALTY fries. Dipped the fries in my cone and I was in heaven!!!
It's SOOOOO hard to resist these days. I don't make it a habit, but I crave junk everyday!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
that's how I eat cereal (I just finished a "bowl" actually)! Usually I opt for reasonably healthy cereals, but it is actually my hubby that LOVES kiddie cereals so lately that is all I have bought b/c it seams if they are in the cupboard that I eat them and he gets stuck with cereal he doesn't like...ok, I guess I really can't blame eating captain crunch on him!
3 words....Frosted Mini Wheats...I can't stop eating them.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
OMG, I agree with the frosted miniwheats, but they put my blood sugar up WAY too high so I can only eat about 10 of them and that just DOESN'T cut it for me!!!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
three words: cadbury mini eggs. they are EVIL!

And if you go to evil Walmart after Easter they are all on sale
: . You will be able to find me there.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by babycatcher01 View Post
And if you go to evil Walmart after Easter they are all on sale
: . You will be able to find me there.

don't tempt me
luckily it's easy for me to avoid walmart

·
Registered
860 Posts
the evil cadbury mini eggs get me every year!! I try to limit myself to a bag a week BUT I ate the bag I bought friday on friday and sunday we were in walmart and the price was just too good to pass up for the big bag so I ate that between yesterday and today!! UGH so awful but they are like crack to me, I cant wait till friday when I buy another bag!!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I've had the same cravings but keep resisting - for the most part. For one, I'm on a healthy eating plan for Multiple Sclerosis that I stuck religiously to before pregnancy, but have given in a little here and there since being pregnant. I also have developed a bit of a glucose problem, which is a big hassle! I actually ate an evil can of Chef-Boy-Ardee (what on earth is wrong with me!?!) last night and it shot my glucose higher than anything else ever has! I was really mad at myself!
And I love mini-wheats too... I buy the non-frosted organic Autumn Wheat brand - with and without cinnamon - they are SOO good but I haven't had a bowl in weeks now. My glucose goes SKY HIGH after a bowl. I sure hope my sugar returns to normal after pregnancy!

In a way it is probably good that I eat healthy for MS and watch my glucose, otherwise, I might have given in to the urges a lot. I've had cravings for junk food I haven't eaten in years now - Big Macs, fast food fries, Arby's roast beef, pizza hut pizza - I don't get it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.