Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and it's worrying me. I have no desire to eat anything at all anymore. My heart races all the time and so I think that has something to do with it, food is like overload for me. Anyone else just not hungry/in the mood to eat?
I still have 6 wks left and feel like I just can't do it....I'm chronically dizzy and just feel physically awful and done. Dr is looking into dizziness and thinks I could have a crystal in my inner ear? She treated me for it today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will help. I want to feel vibrant and active and good, but I just dont' and feel like I'm slipping into a depression.

· Registered
295 Posts
I feel similarly. I am so tired all the time, and I have trouble wanting to eat anything.

I feel guilty that I am so lethargic, because my 3 yo needs me to play with her and interact with her, but I am having trouble finding the energy and patience.

I am starting to feel depressed, too. But, if this turns out to be like my experiece with DD, I know I will feel much better and happier with the baby on the outside. I get prenatal depression, but don't really have a problem with postpartum depression (as long as I KEEP taking my prenatals).

I just wanted to give hugs
because I am right there with you. Hang in there, this will all be over soon.

· Registered
9,274 Posts
I'm 37wks and don't really want to eat anything either. I do force myself to though.

If you think you have depression, please get help soon! Back in October I had a really BAD time and am only doing better because of therapy and drugs (Wellbutrin is safe for pregnancy.)

· Registered
7,286 Posts
I tend to feel more breathless after I eat, which is not an incentive.... unless it's something delicious, in which case it's worth it...

· Registered
565 Posts
The dizziness and heart racing sounds like low blood sugar. Could you perhaps eat little snacks here and there and see if it helps? I am reaching the point where regular meals make me feel overloaded, but an apple and some nuts, a cheese stick, salad for lunch, and lighter meals in general seem to help. I do feel dizzy, cold sweats and heart racy first thing in the morning before I eat. A couple of sips of oj while I'm making breakfast usually helps. Hope you feel better soon!

· Registered
127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elmh23 View Post
I'm 37wks and don't really want to eat anything either. I do force myself to though.

If you think you have depression, please get help soon! Back in October I had a really BAD time and am only doing better because of therapy and drugs (Wellbutrin is safe for pregnancy.)

A little off topic here, but Wellbutrin is now safe in pregnancy? Where did you learn this? Wellbutrin can be used to treat ADHD, which i have, and it works great for me, so dang, if i can take it, i want to know.

Sorry about your eating issues. It is a good thing that you are getting into the last part of pregnancy when the baby is pretty much formed, there is just weight gain mostly. Could you whip up some smoothies with flax oil, or another omega fatty acid source. YOu could guzzle these down with your nose closed, just so you know the baby and you are getting the calories you need?

I can also attest to the fact that omega fatty acids DO help with depression. I take three OFA 3,6,9 caps a day, most days. When i miss a day, i can feel it the next. My life is very stressful and there is a lot of sadness around me from family members/situational issues and it helps me.

Just a thought, i hope you feel better soon. It sucks not feeling well and being preggers.

· Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lunita1 View Post
Could you be anemic? The increase in blood volume in the third trimester can push asymptomatic lowish iron into the symptomatic anemic category.
I actually was anemic but my hemoglobin test yesterday was 12, so back up into the normal range.
I have a super sensitive heart so this is where alot of my symptoms are coming from and the dr is talking about giving me a tinny dose of heart med to slow it down.....I'm even thinking of asking for it cause the racing heart makes everything difficult, it's like I'm running a marathon when I"m just relaxed.
I do force myself to eat, but these days it's mostly protein and veggies, I can barely tolerate any carbs right now. I struggled with this during my last pg too and did end up on heart med. I guess the food aversoins came about before I noticed that it's my heart that's the cuprit, I just have no drive to feel so awful after I take in food.
I am also on a super low dose of lexapro, I decreased as much as I could when I found out I was pg, but still take 2.5 mg. It's not really enough, but this drug is not considered safe in pg (as far as I"ve been told) so I just have to hang on 6 more wks, then I'll go up to only 5mg cause I'll be bf.....it sure is a juggling act and I'm just trying to stay focused on the reason...soon I will have a new lo to hold an dto love, I can do this!!!! (right?!)

· Registered
9,274 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkincat View Post
A little off topic here, but Wellbutrin is now safe in pregnancy? Where did you learn this? Wellbutrin can be used to treat ADHD, which i have, and it works great for me, so dang, if i can take it, i want to know.
According to the study below, Wellbutrin is safe after the first trimester. It was the only anti-depressant the OB who works with my midwife was willing to give me (my primary doctor wouldn't even talk to me about it and said I needed to see the midwife.)

http://www.womensmentalhealth.org/po...ing-pregnancy/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.