Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mommas

Figured I'd post this here, since any other place I've tried to look up some answers has just said to go to my OB/MW--neither of which I have at the moment.

I am 34-35 weeks along.

Started pregnancy at 180.
First trimester nausea brought me down to 160.
I stopped weighing myself once I hit the 209 mark in the late second trimester b/c the numbers just made me feel like eating more (i'm an emotional eater with a history of bulimia--not while pregnant though).

This morning I weighed myself for the first time in about 4 weeks. Maybe 5 weeks. I figured, just to make sure I wasn't gaining TOO too much, kwim??

Well I'm back down to 190!!

Sounds good kind of...except how does someone lose 15 pounds in the last trimester?? Is that even healthy? And I even weighed myself after a healthy but heavy breakfast of oatmeal. So i may weigh even less.

I have to admit, my cravings have been limited to whole milk, carrots and cucumbers...outside of cravings I've been eating fairly healthy (but we always do...my usual fluffiness comes from overeating). I feel fine. Baby is kicking. Blood pressure is a little higher than I would expect it to be, but not out of range of normal.

I FEEL GOOD.

But I've just never heard of losing that kind of weight in the last trimester.

Anyone got any opinions??

thanks!

I

· Registered
1,809 Posts
I lose weight in the third trimester too. I also go to 42-44+ weeks so far with freebirths. For me, I lose around 5-10 lbs, but my total gain is about 40lbs and that brings me to 175-180 before I lose that few lbs at the end.

My freebirth babies were 10lbs 3oz and 10lbs 8oz respectively and not due to chub. They werer just huge.

I don't think it's a problem unless you feel like something is wrong. I've read that it's pretty typical to lose weight in the third trimester.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
As long as you are eating healthy and not restricting your calories, I don't think losing is that big of a deal. I personally lost a TON of weight when I was pregnant with my daughter, and the doctor just kept telling me to drink a lot of water and try to eat. *shrug* If you feel healthy and you feel lots of movement from babe, I would personally feel fine about it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.