Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after ttc for ~4 1/2 years due to blighted ovum. I've opted for natural mc since my doc said d&c will not be needed. My body will be able to expel everything naturally with the aid of the Misoprostol prescribed by my doc.

My question is how long will the process be, and what should I expect to happen? Anyone who has experienced this, please share your experience. The bleeding has started yestertay but it was not any heavier than my regular menstrual flow. Is this normal? Also I'm worry about incomplete m/c. How can I tell should I need medical intervention?

Doc said I can ttc again in 3 months, but I can't think about that just yet. All that is on my mind right now is how to get thru this both physically and emotionally.

Please keep us in your prayers. Thx!

:

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
i am so so terribly sorry for your loss.

i have miscarried twice, once at 8.5 weeks and once at just over 4 weeks. the first time i started bleeding slightly, went in for an u/s and found out my baby had died about a week and a half before. i chose to wait to miscarry naturally. i started bleeding heavily about 2 days later. the heavy bleeding and cramping only lasted a day or so and then i bled like a normal period for about a week. i ovulated again on about normal schedule for me. the second time i had only known i was pregnant for 2 days. i started spotting and cramping and then had what was only slightly heavier than a normal period for me. that was last cycle and i am ovulating on track this cycle.

how far along were you? i think if it was early still that bleeding like a normal period is fine. if you develop a fever or start to bleed heavily and soak through MORE than 1 overnight pad per hour then i'd call your doctor.

again, i am so sorry for your loss.

there is a pregnancy and loss board here at mdc that has been very helpful and therapeutic for me. please join us over there if and when you are ready.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doc suspected something was not right when my hcG levels did not double as they should have, and u/s at 5w5d & 6w5d had only showed an empty sac. No fetal pole nor hb was ever seen.

I just couldn't believe I've waited for so long, and ended up with a heartbreak like this..

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I'm so sorry mama
I m/c'd last month but it was a very early m/c. I bled for 7 days, 3 days were really heavy bleeding with serious cramps. My dr. prescribed me some strong motrin for cramps. My dr. told me to come back in and see her if I was still bleeding after 9 days or if I developed a fever.

We also have a birth loss forum here where you could probably get some more info on how long the bleeding will last and what to watch out for.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttc4awhile
I just couldn't believe I've waited for so long, and ended up with a heartbreak like this..
it's so incredibly heartbreaking and unfair mama. big
to you.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

For me the bleeding only lasted a few days. The insensitive dr. I was seeing at the time said I should count the mc as an af. Seriously.
: It was very painful for about a day or two and heavy flow for about that long. Also for me and this may be TMI - but I knew that I'd had a complete mc because the sack actually fell out whole. Like I said probably TMI, but it totally freaked me out - no one had even prepared me for that. And this has actually happened to a few people I know. That's the only reason that I mention it. I was about 8 weeks along.

I also had to go to the dr. after the mc. I began bleeding on a Saturday night and the appt. was on Monday. The dr. did a pelvic exam (I was still bleeding), but I didn't have to have a D&C.

Once again I'm very sorry for your loss. I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I just m/c'd about a week ago, so the pain is still very real to me. My miscarriage only lasted for about 5 days, and now we are trying again, but I don't know how it could have been if I were furthur along... I was only 5 weeks.

Take care of yourself in this time. You'll be in my thoughts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts