Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's now a true bf advocate.

We have an 11 month old and DH's brother and SIL have a 4-month old. Over the holidays, it was the clash of the parenting styles. To make a long story short, my BIL & SIL's FFed baby was heart-wrenchingly fussy.

Our dd was fussy from 3-12 weeks, but she was well over it by the 4-month mark. Anyway, I feel really bad for my niece, whose on soy formula and just doesn't seem or look healthy.

We were visiting friends later and telling them how fussy our niece is. My dh said, "I think it's because she's not being breastfed anymore."

I could not believe it. He went from being pro-FF to pro-BF in a little under a year. He saved me from sticking my neck out and having to say it myself, which I probably would not have done. I guess some men CAN change!

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
Seeing is believing, and the men have seen what a wonderful thing BM is for our babies. I teased my DP a little while ago re. extended BFing. Before DS was born he was pro breastfeeding, but verbal about how "You're only supposed to do it for one year." Well our DS will be 1 year next week. When I said something toi DP about his statement from a year ago, he said "Really? I said that? I don't even remember feeling that way. You can't take DS's mama milk away from him, He'd be miserable."

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
nak

my dp has come around too, from being neutral about it and wanting me to stop at 1 yr to sticking his tongue out and going "ew" when we pass the formual isle :)LOL he's kinda childish about it
)

·
Registered
503 Posts
yeah for your dh!!

My dh still feels uncomfortable, I think, educating people about the benefits of breastmilk, but he always comes home from work and tells me about so-and-so who's not breastfeeding, and it's obvious he thinks that's a bad thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.