Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,
I think you should not worry yourself so much just because you not been able to conceive. Infertility has become a big problem in the modern society and so there is need to find ways to go round it. Luckily, advancement in technology has made things easier. More than 5 million children have been born courtesy of IVF. So I believe that you have a good chance to conceive through it. Note that women can carry a pregnancy even past the age of 50 years. I will explain this shortly. You see, it is only the quality of eggs that deteriorates as one advance in age. The uterus does not deteriorate and so it should be capable of carrying a fetus even past the age of 50. So, I think your friend should not panic but focus on IVF. The doctor will carry tests on her eggs and if the quality is found to be low, they will recommend that they are donated. What will happen in this case is that she will be stimulated to help her endometrium to grow. The donated egg will then be fertilized in the lab and observed for a few days. If it shows signs of growing, it will be transferred into her uterus. She will be required to go for a test after two weeks to determine if the embryo has attached itself or not. With this method, it is possible for a couple to have multiple children. Two or three eggs may be transferred and if they attach themselves it can result in multiple children.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts