Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have posted in this forum a couple of times and am a frequent lurker. Short story -- secondary infertility, 1st IVF cycle coming up. I've gotten tons of advice, suggestions, and ancedotes from the wise women in this forum and would love to compile them into one little sticky. However, I can't remember all of them, or the details around most of them. Below I've bulleted what I can remember, along with some questions I currently have; these are in no particular order -- my mind is chaos. Please fill in, add to, suggest, etc. TIA.

1. Eat Pineapple -- after transfer, some evidence that it increases your chances of sticky babes.
2. Drink green tea -- again, increases chances, but don't drink after retrieval as it reduces folic acid.
3. Acupuncture, before and after transfer
4. Fertility yoga -- positions like fish and plow are great in promoting fertility; question -- can you do these/should you do these after transfer
5. Increase consumption of high fat dairy products
6. Garotade (I remember reading about this during the IVF cycle, but don't remember what it was specifically about)
7. Receiving the news -- I haven't been there yet, but I think it would be great to offer ideas about how other received the news of their blood test
8. Mind/body relaxation techniques

Okay, that's what I can think of. Please add, suggest, edit.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm starting this cycle for IVF in August (hopefully) so I dont have anything to add, but love the idea.
Pineapple can help moms postpartum with afterpains, so is the thinking that is stops uterus movement so the emby is 'sticky'.. just wondering cause I havent heard that one.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Just butting in - the pineapple thing is a myth. There is an idea that the bromelin (sp?) in the core acts as a blood thinner and so might improve blood flow to the uterus. However, not only is there no evidence to support this you'd have to munch your way through a pineapple core a day.

Ice for shots is fine - but for progestrone shots it's better to apply heat before and after. Also, warm the vial in your hand before the shot.

Gatorade is supposed to help women who develop ohss. Again there is no evidence but keeping hydrated isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I listened to this, a guided imagery CD by Belleruth Naparstek. The recieving the beta results? I peed on eighteen hpts in the wait, so I don't think I should answer that.

the p4 shots we iced before, and heating pad-ed afterwards. Arnica gel ,too. Still bruised, still got knots, still developed an allergic reaction towards the end. Benadryl was the winner, there.

OHSS? Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. Yummy.

stephanie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.