Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me that there is nothing to be concerned about in ivory soap. Besides that and angel soft toilet paper, we use all natural/organic products. And why organic TP? It seems like a waste of money unless I'm missing something! Now i'm questioning that after talking to a new friend.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
those. But make yourself some family bathroom wipes and you'll be saving your wallet. They are so easy to make and wash. I use them but cna't get the family to convert. LOL Sigh oh well I try.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
We used Ivory liquid soap for hand washing until our local Wal-Mart stopped carrying it
:. I now use half Dr Bronner's and half water in our soap pumps. I'm actually glad I was forced to switch

I don't know if you're talking about the Ivory bar or liquid but here's what I know about the liquid.
Ivory liquid hand soap pro: It doesn't have Triclosan (anti-bacterial) in it which it is hard to find liquid hand soaps that don't have this ingredient. Here's a good article about Triclosan:
http://www.mercola.com/1999/archive/...antibiotic.htm

Ivory liquid hand soap con: It has Sodium Laureth Sulfate & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it among other questionable ingredients.

TP: We use regular TP as well but we have recently switched from paper towels to cloth
Mabye it's because *natural* TP isn't bleached (no dioxin in it) and comes from recycled materials?

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maeve
I just read something about how Ivory used to be a soap and it now considered a detergent (which, correct me if I'm wrong, most bar "soaps" actually are now).
That's Ivory Snow- the laundry stuff. Originally it was just ivory bar soap, grated into flakes, now it's a detergent.

Most liquid "soaps" are actualy detergent. Most bar soaps are still soaps.

The only negative I'm aware of with Ivory soap is that it's made by Proctor and Gamble, a big company, not a tiny grass-roots type of company that most NFL consumers prefer to support. Also, it uses a combination of animal and vegetable fats, not pure vegetable.

Overall, I think Ivory soap is a basic, simple pure product without too much "stuff" in it. BTW, if you do a search in this forum, you'll find more info about Ivory. I use it because it's cheap.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't know about ivory soap but I wanted to say I found a more cost-effective way to use dr. bronners soap. I'm using it as handsoap in the bathroom and I put it in a spray bottle instead of a pump bottle. It works great because you only get a very small amount which is what you need.
Prairiechild

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
i use about an inch of bronners the rest water in a foamer bottle.......works awesome!!! Really stretches the bronners

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
We use it in a foamer bottle, too. I love it.
I use it to wash my face, too.

We use Dr. B's for EVERYTHING! LOL
I love the Sal Suds also. Smells soooo good (but *only* for cleaning, dishes, laundry, etc).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts