Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummer. DD JUST got nightweaned, so that means I dont have to sleep on my side all night (which really hurts my butt for some reason) and I have been able to sleep in my preferred position- on my belly.

Last night was the last night of that though, this morning I felt my hard uterus poking against the bed in an uncomfortable manner, so its over. Nice while it lasted.

How are you sleeping (position wise)?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Any way I can.
eyesroll.gif
DS1 has been crawling into our bed, DS2 is waking around 5am and not wanting to go back to sleep, and I'm trying to sleep as much as possible in whatever position I can. Usually though I like to sleep 3/4 on my side/stomach. When preggers, I end up sleeping on my side with a body pillow snugged down my front and between my knees.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm also a belly sleeper, and find sleeping on my side hurts my hip. For now, I am sleeping kind of in a semi-prone position with a pillow under my upper leg to keep me from rolling onto my belly. It's working for now, but I'm thinking it will only last a few months before my belly gets too big for this position.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am a total back sleeper, including the meditation I have used for years to put myself to sleep that requires my being on my back. I am NOT looking forward to the day in a few weeks when I can no longer lie on my back. I have no idea how I will fall asleep!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Team GR, in my child education class last time, the instructor said to fold up a wash cloth and place it under a cheek. She said to have many on the nightstand, because you will keep pulling them out :lol.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm a stomach sleeper, too. When I sleep on my side while pregnant my lower hip hurts, almost on my leg, where the bottom of my pelvis is, only on the outside. I think the extra baby weight that I am carrying in my pelvis just weighs it down and it hurts SO badly after just an hour or two and I toss and turn until they both hurt so bad I can't stand it. Last time I slept on the sofa for the whole pregnancy. I may be headed back there again. :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
I love sleeping on my tummy. I still can so far, but I prob one of my legs/hips up so that my belly isn't totally flat on the bed. I want to get one of those long body pillows when I can no longer sleep on my belly.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I've been sleeping on the approved left side, but it is making my lower back HURT. Stupid memory foam mattress, I hate it!! Once DP gets a job I'm going to push for a proper mattress.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Still on my belly sometimes, and also on my side with a big squishy pillow between my knees OR my husbands legs between my knees. (depends on whether I am big spoon or little spoon - we are snugglers)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.