Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
We might be moving to Jacksonville in the next month or so. DH is waiting to hear if he will be sent there. He is in the Coast Guard. Anyway, I just found out we are expecting! I was wondering if there are any homebirth midwives around. I have heard that it can be harder to have a hb in NC? I will do a uc if there aren't any around, but it would make dh feel much better if we had a midwife! I will not set foot in a hospital unless something was very wrong and he is still not very happy about that. But I get upset just thinking about it so that just won't work for me. So a midwife would be the best.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Having a homebirth was no problem for us. Go to nchomebirth.com and fill out their form. Hopefully some midwives will contact you. From there, it seems about like it is everywhere. Very few insurances will cover homebirths in NC since it is illegal but we paid for the midwife what we would have paid after insurance for a hospital birth anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.