Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't have anything better to do so I thought I would start us a new thread for the New Year!

Last Month we talked about how big are babies are getting. Carseats and Warm carseat covers. And Some of us are starting or getting ready to start the transition to solids. Sleep patterns, and night time nursing too.

I am excited about the new year and thankful to be a part of this wonderful group of mothers!

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What are your plans for the new year? Any resolutions you want to share? I am just looking forward to watching my two little ones grow bigger. As far as resolutions, I don't usually make them. I do however want to find a stay at home job that will allow us to not loose our house and our vehicles.

· Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi. I am here. For some silly reason I forgot to get on the computer. Thought it great that others are just as swamped as me with life with no time to post. Guess I was wrong.

Ryan had his 4 month check on the 21st. he was 16 pounds 6 ounces. What a peanut! (for me) Unfortunatley he was also 16 pounds 6 ounces yesterday when I took him in. He has RSV and is struggling to breath. He was checked Dec 21st and I said I wasn't worried then. Guess when mama brings in baby #5 with the 2 toddlers she must be seriously concerned. His chest was caving in when he was breathing. He has until Monday to show improvement. He hates the nebulizer.

He was nursing some at night, but my older kids would have to swallow every so often when nursing all night long to clean their throats. Pacifiers wouldn't work. Ry loves his paci.

No solids here for some time. He does not roll over. He has a bucket style car seat that I do not take out in the car (that died) and a regular seat in the van. It goes to 35 pounds rear facing so it should keep him that way until he is 2 years old. We do fleece jackets here, even when really cold. If I am worried, I have lap blankets for all the kids.

My grandmother has suspended all treatments for her cancer. I am very distraught over finances and not being able to get there (car is dead) to see her. I made a scrapbook for Christmas that made it just in time for her to have. I will call her tonight. She had so many people visiting over Christmas I figured she was overdone.

Working hard at work today, can't you tell? I will be better about keeping up.

· Registered
371 Posts
Happy New Year all! Just a quick post so I get reminders.

We're letting Bonnie stay up late tonight. She normally goes to bed by 8:00. Are we crazy or what?

Duncan is a chatterbox lately. Absolutely fascinated with sounds he can make. And, he loves to stick his fingers in my mouth, cracks him up every time! I love this age! No solids here for months, I'm hoping. Although, Duncan is getting pretty persistent about grabbing whatever I'm eating or drinking. He's not sitting up completely by himself yet, so he's not ready for sure.

Mage, I'm so sorry about your difficulties! Happy that your grandmother got her scrapbook, though. That's a very sweet thing. And, RSV? Yikes! I hope Ryan improves quickly!

Okay, back to celebrations. DH is getting too stern with Bonnie. She's allowed to stay up as long as she doesn't have a tantrum, and with him in charge, I'm afraid to leave them alone for long.

· Registered
657 Posts
OK, SO 2004 was a miraculous year for all of us.... did anyone else cringe a little to realize that our babe's birth year is over already?? man, time flies!! My DS, Aiden, is going to be 5 mos on the 3rd... he weighs about 21 lbs!! he is close to rolling, jusy can't figure out the whole sequence yet! I love the sloppy wet open mouth kisses on my cheeks & Chin now too! we are definitely showing teething discomfort as well... Anyone have a miracle cure for that?? hehe, I guess Its all a part of growing up! Still breastfeeding exclusively, and he does LOVE to drink water, which i offer maybe once or twice a day, and... can drink from an open cup!!!! yeah! anyway, started w/ paci this month, sucking needs are wearing me thin all night long... seems to help, just falls out when he is really asleep!
s, i have to installmy marathon already, and i tried to do it myself while dh was at work...I have a 2003 tracker, 4 drs... i mean, not huge, but not tiny either, and it only fit in the center seat... anyone else here yet?? it clearly is a tight fit w/ serious visibility issues...ugh. i have a friend who will hopefull helpl tomorrow....
anyway, hopefully y'all had a good day #1 of 2005... we did!
Peace,
Holly

happy New year!!!

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi all.

I was shocked to read about Traci's diagnosis. How maddening that she thought something was wrong for months, but was told not to worry!

I like this age (almost four months, my August babe was actually born in September). Lots of smiles.

I haven't been around much because what little spare time I have has been spent reading parenting books. I had to make a rather embarassing trip to the bookstore where I bought Siblings Without Rivalry, How to Talk so Kids will Listen..., and Raising your Spirited Child, the book and workbook, and this after receiving The Happiest Toddler on the Block for Christmas. I'm revamping my parenting style. Whatever I was doing didn't seem to be working. I don't have a hellion. I have an assertive, selective, perceptive and dramatic extrovert who needs me to help her better channel her intensity. Whew! Let's hope I remember that in the heat of the moment.

I am now the proud but hesitant owner of a diaphragm. I figured that its 96% success rate was a better bet than the theoretically higher condom success rate, when both methods are used perfectly. Both dh and I are ridiculously shy about condom shopping. One-stop shopping was a big draw for us.

Got to go have a time-in with dd.

Dodo, whose new parenting skills are still a little mechanical

p.s. Happy New Year!

· Registered
856 Posts
Hi guys
I'm feeling out of wack with Christmas and now New Years with DH being home when he usually isn't. Ben behaves differently for him. Not in a good way. We just got back from getting pictures taken. Both boys at the same time. It was rough but I think it will be ok. It was our first professional picture with the both of them together.

Thomas is just over 4 months now. I can't get over how the "huge" 3, 4, 5 week gaps in our babies ages seemed like such a huge deal when I was still pregnant and others were talking about newborns. Now we all have babies that are alert and smiling and trying to get mobile. Thomas weighed 16 pounds 1 oz the other day. I can't remember the length. Oh I just looked it up. 25 inches. Is that normal?I need to go back to those old posts where people were mentioning it. I'm over the whole "my baby is sucking me dry" spell. Now that he's feeling better and I'm drinking my weight in water daily. He's barely making a dent what I'm producing. Back to normal. It looks like that was a solids false alarm. Because we are on wic, we get cereal starting now, so we will just stock pile boxes of cereal in the pantry until I'm ready.

Anyhoo...I don't have time to go back and respond to anyone, although as I was reading I had a few LOL moments. :LOL Particularly about the condom shopping. :ROTF because we are so simliar once again. I make my hubby get them. He usually goes to get them when he has realized (at the last minute) that we are out. So he goes to the drug store with one thing on his mind but picks up a few things to "disguise" it. Like toilet paper, candy, or milk.What I need to do is boldly go up with kids in tow screaming their heads off and proudly buy them as if to say "I AM REALLLLLLY NOT READY FOR ANOTHER ONE OF THESE RIGHT NOW, BUT I STILL WANT TO HAVE SEX"

· Registered
1,725 Posts
: My ds will be 5 months on the 4th, and he's so tiny compared to some of yours! He's only about 12lbs and 23 in.

But he's doing lots of cool stuff! He can roll over from tummy to back pretty well, and I saw him roll over from back to tummy once. nak now
he talks and laughs and smiles all the time, and I think he's teething because he's always trying to eat his hands, fingers, or anything and rubbing his gums too--sometimes he even growls when he's eating his hands--it's so funny

he reaches for things now and he's holding his head up so well

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shishkaberry: Are you new to our group? I haven't been checking posts religiously like I did while I was pregnant but your name didn't look familiar. So if you're new, WELCOME.

I hope you all had a wonderful new year. I have been taking advantage of this nice weather the past few days and taking lots of pictures outside with that wonderful natural lighting. You can check them out at the last link in my sigi. Gabi has been full of smiles. I just love this age.

· Registered
1,725 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlcampbellkidz
shishkaberry: Are you new to our group? I haven't been checking posts religiously like I did while I was pregnant but your name didn't look familiar. So if you're new, WELCOME.

I think I posted once in the October thread (I forget :LOL) I've never been all that commited to any birth board or group, but I noticed this thread from the main board and thought I'd see how other 8/04 babies are doing. Thanks for the welcome

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darcy37 Yes you are in the right place. This is an amazing group of mothers. Some of us have been together from early in our pregnancies, and I have noticed many new names too. I think you will love this group.

· Registered
627 Posts
ok i am so slow. i kept thinking that no one had posted in days and then i realized that we have a new thread... ok...

well our trip to florida went well. my grandmother was thrilled to meet Sebastian. i'm glad he hasn't hit stranger anxiety yet, b/c he was all smiles for her. the car ride wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still difficult. I sat in the back with him so that helped. Ezekiel did great, he spends a lot time daydreaming and talking to himself, so it was no big deal for him to sit in the car and do just that. Its good to be home, though. traveling with little kids is so stressfull!

welcome darcy and shishkaberry!

we had a ped. appt. today and Seb is 16 lbs and 26 in. its weird b/c E has always been avg. height but solid (built like the men in my family) and Seb is looking like he'll be long and lean like dh.

no solids here either. not showing any signs of readiness. I find starting solids to be kind of a pita.

magemom: so sorry to hear about ryan's illness
poor baby. I hope he recovers quickly.

dodo: i was thinking the same thing about traci. i remember very clearly her being worried about a lump very early in pregnancy and she was told it was nothing. so that was, what a year ago? the whole thing is just awful. what a scary thing to go through.

ok, Ezekiel just woke so up and is whining at me to I gtg! happy new year everyone!

· Registered
702 Posts
hi there.

we are finally home and not traveling. The kids are finally healthy, we avoided the hospital so I hope that is the route you go too Jenn. Jenn - sorry things stink. I totally agree to the Dr. I was sick too but trying to help them but didn't know how bad off I was until I bumped into some people recently. Unless ill we are not allowed back at the peds until Feb. Works for me. Spent enough money last month - and the RX - they all know us by name.

Bumped into 2 firiends whose kids are 6 weeks younger than maillie - both kids are bigger than her and both moms have gone back to their prepreg weight. Need to do something about this...still haven't gone to Dr to check my thyroid.

Later

· Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
christeeny: so sorry for your loss of income. But I think you would have been completely stressed with that many infants plus your kids.
I am still looking for work too. My mom sent me some links for local nanny agencie's and some of the parents don't mind me bringing my kids. Maybe you could do some online research for nanny agencie's in your area. Just a suggestion.

Have any of you heard of, or bought products from Melaleuca.com? Just another stay at home business opportunity I am checking out and i would appreciate feedback from any of you wonderful ladies.

We are all doing well. Gabi turned 5 months on Dec. 30. She is usually very laid back and calm, just not extremely active like my first was. But yesterday I had her sitting up in front of me and I let go to see her reaction and she just continued to sit there playing with her toy. She shocked me good with that one. I have tried it again several times and she sits up like a big girl. I want her to stay a baby. She is growing way too fast. We have had some nice weather here in central Texas lately. in the 70's. I even put my girls in sleeveless dresses the other day. But my how quickly weather can change here. We will be in the low 40's today and dropping by this evening.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.