Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh my. I have very recently learnt about my little passenger. I thought pregnancy very unlikely (mirena only came out a few weeks ago, I'm nearly 38, with fatigue my only symptom)..however my toddler started saying "I'm a sister!" so insistently that I checked.

I think I'm only 10 days past ovulation. Makes me wonder about the number of passengers...

This is entirely, 100% welcome news. Our lives are not quite ready for another bebe, but we have wiggle room. We lost our first pregnancy in October 2013, our little girl was born November 2014.

I apologise for my intense neuroticism in advance. Ventilation helps me to be a more centred, available parent in real life.

Oh my...is this really happening?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh my. I have very recently learnt about my little passenger. I thought pregnancy very unlikely (mirena only came out a few weeks ago, I'm nearly 38, with fatigue my only symptom)..however my toddler started saying "I'm a sister!" so insistently that I checked.

I think I'm only 10 days past ovulation. Makes me wonder about the number of passengers...

This is entirely, 100% welcome news. Our lives are not quite ready for another bebe, but we have wiggle room. We lost our first pregnancy in October 2013, our little girl was born November 2014.

I apologise for my intense neuroticism in advance. Ventilation helps me to be a more centred, available parent in real life.

Do not worry, everything will be fine:smile:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I am due 1/10. We started trying in Feb and I got pregnant first try, but it ended in a loss. March my cycle was weird. April we got pregnant again and so far, it's stuck, but I'm only 4wks, 2 days. I need to stop temping because my temp went down and I'm obsessing. Still way over coverline, but still. I really want this bean to stick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am due 1/10. We started trying in Feb and I got pregnant first try, but it ended in a loss. March my cycle was weird. April we got pregnant again and so far, it's stuck, but I'm only 4wks, 2 days. I need to stop temping because my temp went down and I'm obsessing. Still way over coverline, but still. I really want this bean to stick.
Fate in the hands of my toddler has stopped me temping - dropped the thermometer from height onto wooden floor.

I'm trying to approach the head game by trying to wrap fearful thoughts in moments of connection to the little one - for this moment, they are held safe in me, and I'm grateful for that.

And today I begin cutting down caffeine. Toddler has hand-foot-and-mouth, and partner out of town. I am often very grateful for coffee!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all!

With my first child, I was in a due club that started in 2014 with mothering.com members who migrated to Facebook, and we're still friends there!

And now I'm due Jan 12, 2018. So still pretty early! Hoping to meet new due moms.

Nice to "meet" y'all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Those of you with kids already, how are you managing the fatigue? With the first one I could rest a lot more.
Ripresa, How old are your kids? I have a 5 1/2 year old son, so he's old enough to entertain himself when I need to lie down. Also, when I was pregnant with him I had a full time job so it was actually harder than this time around. I just finished teaching for the year, and now I just teach piano lessons one day a week and run a nonprofit org part-time. I have found though, that if I try to stay standing and moving I'm better off than lying down because I'll never get up again. That being said, I'm currently taking 2 naps a day, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ripresa, How old are your kids? I have a 5 1/2 year old son, so he's old enough to entertain himself when I need to lie down. Also, when I was pregnant with him I had a full time job so it was actually harder than this time around. I just finished teaching for the year, and now I just teach piano lessons one day a week and run a nonprofit org part-time. I have found though, that if I try to stay standing and moving I'm better off than lying down because I'll never get up again. That being said, I'm currently taking 2 naps a day, lol.
This first trimester fatigue is not joking around! I have a 2.5 year old and she has not mastered the art of playing by herself. She's very extroverted while I just want to read a book.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Em1979, I'm also turning 38 this year! Not sure how I got so old so fast. Thinking good thoughts for you! My son is 5 1/2 so are relieved that we finally got pregnant :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
This first trimester fatigue is not joking around! I have a 2.5 year old and she has not mastered the art of playing by herself. She's very extroverted while I just want to read a book.
I hear you! My son was a complete spaz until age 4 and that is a big reason why we had to wait this long to have a second. You can do it. Hang in there!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hello all! I am 39 yo and due January 13 with #8 . Found out yesterday I initially threw the test away as it was blank went back 10 min later and it was so dark but then it faded a few hours later. Re tested this morning with a frer and there was a dark pink line. My oldest is going to college this year thought we were done with the baby thing oops.:eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm out. It's a funny thing - my heart seems to be accepting it as sad event...but reminds me the child in my arms could not have been without my previous miscarriage. We never know what the future holds.

Best of luck mamas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
First prenatal appt?

Hi All, I just found out my first prenatal appt on May 25 (week 7) is just a pelvic exam and pregnancy test. I thought it was going to be an ultrasound, but my doc says it's too early for that. I have a history of PCOS and am weaning off of prescription meds so I'm feeling pretty nervous. With my son (age 5 1/2) I had an ultrasound at week 6 and they saw the heartbeat. I know this is not a big deal in the long run, but it the difference between a few weeks feels huge right now. When is your first ultrasound?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey all.... so this is going to be long, bare with me a bit? I am pregnant (very early, due around 1/10). I knew I was pregnant before I took a test, due to fatigue and nausea, this will be my fifth so .... I knew. Here's to my point. I have 4 kids already. 3 from a previous marriage, 1 from my current partner (she is 3), and now pregnant with the 5th. He has 2 children as well. We have an alternative living arrangement in that we live separately.... but in the same town. Our daughter lives with me. So I am completely and utterly overwhelmed thinking about this pregnancy. Money. Space. Time. I'm 36. I'll be 37 when I have this baby. Part of me of COURSE is thrilled, bc .... BABY..... lol. However I am so scared. Please tell me this will be ok.

Editing to add: Sorry for being so needy-- I haven't told anyone, except my partner. He's not too thrilled and no one else will be thrilled either. I just need some support built up:( Sorry I sound so needy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all.... so this is going to be long, bare with me a bit? I am pregnant (very early, due around 1/10). I knew I was pregnant before I took a test, due to fatigue and nausea, this will be my fifth so .... I knew. Here's to my point. I have 4 kids already. 3 from a previous marriage, 1 from my current partner (she is 3), and now pregnant with the 5th. He has 2 children as well. We have an alternative living arrangement in that we live separately.... but in the same town. Our daughter lives with me. So I am completely and utterly overwhelmed thinking about this pregnancy. Money. Space. Time. I'm 36. I'll be 37 when I have this baby. Part of me of COURSE is thrilled, bc .... BABY..... lol. However I am so scared. Please tell me this will be ok.

Editing to add: Sorry for being so needy-- I haven't told anyone, except my partner. He's not too thrilled and no one else will be thrilled either. I just need some support built up:( Sorry I sound so needy.
Hang in there, Mama! You can do this!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi ladies! Just wanted to check in and say HI! I am super duper freshly pregnant. I have been compulsively taking tests but haven't yet gotten my BFP. My period is insanely predictable since the birth of my son (7/14/15) and we were TTC this month. My period is now 4 days late and I am slightly symptomatic. I was so thankful for this group with my son! I hope this little bugger sticks and I get to know you all as well!

I think my due date would be 1/18/18. I went just a tad late with my son and had an AMAZING home birth. It was an insane pregnancy though. I bled for the first 17 weeks and he was breech until 38 weeks! I gained 65 pounds (I think probably because of stress and Ben and Jerry's).

Hope everyone is feeling well!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts