Mothering Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am so happy to be here with you all. I am just pregnant as well, missed period today but got my BFP on mother's day after 9 loooong months of trying post MMC at 13 weeks that nearly killed us (emotionally). I cannot believe it actually happened, and that I might be lucky enough to have one more babe in my arms. I am older, 36, and hope this will be my last LO after 4 big sibs.

Funny, but I had just recently given up TTC, like this cycle was the last straw and I was accepting moving on with my life. I just moved into a big new house with lots of land we intend to homestead, I just bought 13 chicks and a puppy to ease the longing in my heart for a baby, and have recently taken a job as a farmhand planting and picking at a local organic CSA. TONS of backbreaking, muscle ripping, utterly exhausting work. hahahah, great timing right? I figure it will whip me into shape and kick any propensity for sitting around I tend to have while pregnant and zapped for energy. Oh and I am due around Jan 24 but always go a week late.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there!
I'm super suprised to be joining up with this group! My LOs are 10, 7 and almost 5. We miscarried at 20 weeks in 2014 and we thought we were done. I guess not- LOL! I'm super excited, but I think it will take my DH a little longer to get there.
I'll be 37 when I deliver, and because of losing our last one, that is in the forefront of my mind.

I had gotten rid of all my baby gear and cloths, and the last midwife I used is not in the business anymore, so I feel like I'm really starting from scratch in so many ways! Anyway- glad to connect here and maybe chat a little bit. DH has requested we don't tell many people yet, so its hard not to be able to talk to anyone about our great news!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm the only one excited

Hi. Looks like I haven't visited these forums since 2012!! I joined because I am excited to find myself pregnant with my 6th at 39 but am not ready for others to know,
My oldest is 18 and my youngest 5. I had a baby every 3 years in between them (just seems to be how my body works). But have stayed mostly single the last 5 years so no baby after the 5 year old. I was starting to get ok with the idea that I would have no more babies of my own.
Then I met my "soul mate" for lack of a better term and he has no kids and really wanted one. Of course he didn't have to ask me twice...I was hoping to wait a few more months but once we decided we wanted a baby we got very careless.Of course I thought at my age it would probably be hard to get pregnant anyways.
Unfortunately he and I are the only ones who will be happy about this. My kids have told me for years they don't want another sibling :( (My 8 year olds behavior is hard on everyone.) My sister has suffered from infertility and is jealous that I have so many and stated in a conversation after I found out "If you have another one I will lose it"
So I guess my selfishness is hurting people all around but I still want to celebrate this new life so I hope you will celebrate with me. My guess date is 1/21 which means I will likely give birth in early February and I am planning my second UC.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi. Looks like I haven't visited these forums since 2012!! I joined because I am excited to find myself pregnant with my 6th at 39 but am not ready for others to know,
My oldest is 18 and my youngest 5. I had a baby every 3 years in between them (just seems to be how my body works). But have stayed mostly single the last 5 years so no baby after the 5 year old. I was starting to get ok with the idea that I would have no more babies of my own.
Then I met my "soul mate" for lack of a better term and he has no kids and really wanted one. Of course he didn't have to ask me twice...I was hoping to wait a few more months but once we decided we wanted a baby we got very careless.Of course I thought at my age it would probably be hard to get pregnant anyways.
Unfortunately he and I are the only ones who will be happy about this. My kids have told me for years they don't want another sibling :( (My 8 year olds behavior is hard on everyone.) My sister has suffered from infertility and is jealous that I have so many and stated in a conversation after I found out "If you have another one I will lose it"
So I guess my selfishness is hurting people all around but I still want to celebrate this new life so I hope you will celebrate with me. My guess date is 1/21 which means I will likely give birth in early February and I am planning my second UC.
Awww, mama! I think maybe we share a due date! Your kids will be happy once the baby is a super fun toddler. My husband has a son from his first marriage and he was THE BIGGEST BRAT after Felix (my 22 month old) was born. It was so hard and is very challenging but well worth it for my husband and me. I will celebrate the crap out of you! I LOVE pregnant ladies. :) I also fell in love with my previous due date club and a few of us are even hitting the beach and meeting in person this summer! It's like a first date with an internet boyfriend. LOL. Did you have good prior births? How did you meet your soul mate??

·
Registered
272 Posts
Awww, mama! I think maybe we share a due date! Your kids will be happy once the baby is a super fun toddler. My husband has a son from his first marriage and he was THE BIGGEST BRAT after Felix (my 22 month old) was born. It was so hard and is very challenging but well worth it for my husband and me. I will celebrate the crap out of you! I LOVE pregnant ladies. :) I also fell in love with my previous due date club and a few of us are even hitting the beach and meeting in person this summer! It's like a first date with an internet boyfriend. LOL. Did you have good prior births? How did you meet your soul mate??
Thanks! I loved my due date club with my last one although we never met in person. Funny enough my soul mate was first my internet boyfriend:laugh: I love everything about pregnancy and birth for myself and others. I loved watching the meant to scare us videos of birth they showed us in highschool..lol.
My first 4 were born in the hospital only because I thought that was my only option. When my 4ths birth plan was ruined just because the OB that showed up felt insulted by it I vowed no more hospital births unless medically necessary and had my 5th unassisted at home. And if all goes well that is the plan for this one. Amazingly when I mentioned it to my boyfriend he didn't bat an eyelash.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome! I'm so excited for you! Would love to have 6 little ones, what a blessing! Congrats to you and your soul mate! You can't make other people happy, so you have to do what is right for you. I am thinking I will deliver in early February also, my guess date is 1/28. I'd love to have a home birth also, but DH said no way since we live so far from a hospital.. if something went wrong he's worried we wouldn't be able to get medical attention fast enough. Oh well, going to look at a birth center in a couple of weeks.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.