Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rosie's snit started me thinking hypothetically: what would happen if every non-nursing parent got so jealous that they pressured/forced the nursing partner to stop?

Gay or straight, there will be one member of the parenting pair who doesn't nurse. As parents, we are ADULTS. Shouldn't an adult be selfless enough to put aside his/her feelings in deference to what is BEST FOR THE CHILD? Isn't that what we signed up for as parents??

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
This is the first post of yours I have seen so welcome to Mothering. I would like to think that most parents are adult enough to do what is best for thier children, but unfortunately, too many abuse and neglect cases make me realize otherwise.

FTR, I am not likening ff'ing to abuse, I am saying that alot of parents these days are not able or willing to put aside thier own needs/wants to do what is best for thier children. Very sad.
It ALMOST makes me think that government intervention in order to have kids (which was bieng debated on another regular board of mine) would be warranted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts