Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Jetta and use a Britax? We're considering going ahead and getting a convertible carseat and want to get the Marathon or Decathlon, but I'm worried about it fitting in our car.

I thought I'd be lazy and ask here before I got out a measuring tape....

We have a Snugride now and it's a tight fit. I'm worried that a Britax might not work rear-facing?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My friend had a jetta wagon, i think. She had 2 marathons and a britax booster across the back seat...now that i think about it, it may have been a passat wagon. now i'm all confused!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Not a wagon, but our britax marathon fits just fine in our vw jetta.
it was fine rearfacing too, just maybe not if oyu regularly have tall/leggy people int he passenger seat
we had to move the seat up a bit. Since dh and I are not especially tall this was fine for us. We could fit another marathon in there if we had too. The carseats would fit fine, there just owuldn't be enough room in between for a person using a belt int he middle. Well, maybe a small child

I think babies r us will let oyu test out different seats in your car in their parking lot befor eoyu buy. Even if oyu don't want to purchase it there might be worth it to see how it goes.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! The Passats are roomier, I think, and we have the Graco in the middle backseat, since we have side air bags and it's safer for baby in the middle.

DH is hugely tall and when he scoots the seat back, it's a super tight fit, even with the seat in the middle.

Good to hear BRU lets you test them! We'll try that out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
our decathlon fits fine in our regular jetta sedan rearfacing. Little tight, no more reclining the front seats, but I imagine the wagon is roomier. my husband told me they stopped making the jetta wagon though. i hope not!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.