Mothering Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I applied for this great job (as an advocate for families with kids in mental health services). I interviewed a bit over a week ago, and felt pretty optimistic about it all. I expected to hear last week, to be called in for a second interview with other supervisors, or to hear I had not been chosen. After the interview, I sent a card, thanking the woman for her time, and letting her know I was interested.

I not only haven't heard, but I see that they are still advertising the position. What to do? If I contact her, will I sound whiny and nagging? Is there any way of politely reminding them of my interest? Or should I just assume they chose against me and move on? As I'm sure everyone knows, it is a pretty rough time to be looking for a job, and this seems like a particularly good fit for me.

Thanks all.

· Registered
651 Posts
I agree that a follow up call is fine but keep in mind (not sure where you are) that it has been the holidays and a lot of people are out of office so that could have cause the lag. Also, it is completely normal to continue to have a position listed even after interviewing. They want to see as many qualified candidates as possible. Also, they could have prepaid for a certain number of weeks.

I would not assume it is a no go based on the points you listed.

· Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, y'all! I'll give a call Monday or Tuesday.

· Registered
2,185 Posts
They may have already had other interviews lined up all week for the position, then a meeting to discuss, etc. My husband had to wait 2.5 - 3 weeks before he heard. Thank goodness the HR person was so patient. He e-mailed every 4-5 days. LOL.

· Registered
1 Posts
What do you know about the company, why do you want the job, and what would you do if you were to be hired, are just some of the questions you'll be asked about the position and employer. I think you should learn them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.